Amazon Web Services has upgraded its Storage Gateway so it can cache data locally, and has also made it generally available.
Amazon Web Services has introduced Elastic Network Interfaces, which are attached to instances in a private cloud to allow for more flexibility when configuring the system.
Amazon Web Services has launched services for South American customers from data centers in Brazil, the company said Wednesday.
Businesses that want to take advantage of the maturing cloud marketplace in 2012 can learn from some common mistakes others have made when moving to infrastructure- and platform-as-a-service offerings, experts said.
Amazon Web Services customers this week are worrying about a server reboot the provider is pushing out, but if users have architected their applications properly, they shouldn't be concerned, experts said.
Netflix designed its cloud architecture so that it has the option to move to an Amazon Web Services competitor, but doesn't expect a real competitor to emerge for a few years, a Netflix executive said on Wednesday.
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) management tool will from now on tell users about upcoming scheduled operational activities that will affect the availability of its cloud, the company <a href="http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2011/11/ec2-instance-status-moni...
Amazon Web Services (AWS) wants to attract more high-performance computing users to its cloud and has launched a public beta of Cluster Compute Eight Extra Large, its most powerful cloud service yet.
Amazon Web Services opened up a new data center in Oregon that will cost less to use than AWS's other West Coast facility, in California.
Software AG's WebMethods middleware and ARIS process modeling tools are now certified for deployment on Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud and VMware, the company announced Tuesday as part of an update on its overall cloud strategy.
Amazon Web Services has added the option to use applications to create codes for its Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) service, the company said on Wednesday.
The latest additions to Nokia's phone portfolio, the C2-05 and the X2-05, come with a new browser that uses Nokia's own compression technology to deliver content faster, the company said in a blog post on Tuesday.
Using Amazon Web Services' new Server Side Encryption feature, enterprises will at no extra cost be able to encrypt data stored on the company's Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon said on Tuesday.
Amazon on Thursday said that many of its Web services now have a crucial certification that allows federal government agencies with strict security requirements to use the services.
Amazon's SDKs (software development kits) for Android and Apple's iOS have exited the beta testing phase, the company said on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Developers leak Slack access tokens on GitHub, putting sensitive business data at risk
- Thumb PC uses Google software to give computer vision to robots and drones
- Oracle sets its sights on engineering and construction with Textura buy
- ISIS cyberattack capabilities are unorganized, underfunded -- for now
- Estonian man gets over 7 years in prison for role in global DNS hijacking botnet
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC