Amazon Web Services has launched a beta of a new Web service that can execute in the cloud the heavy data-crunching job of transcoding video.
Eyeing the growing market for big data analysis, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has introduced a storage package, called High Storage, that can offer fast access to large amounts of data.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has added PowerShell to the management options for its cloud, in a move that reaches out to the Windows community.
Enterprises can now run Windows Server 2012 on the Amazon Web Services cloud, and take advantage of improved management features and new versions of IIS and the .Net framework.
SAP Business Suite customers can now run the software in production form on Amazon Web Services, the companies announced this week during the Sapphire and Tech Ed conferences in Madrid.
Amazon Web Services has upgraded its Storage Gateway so it can cache data locally, and has also made it generally available.
Amazon Web Services has introduced Elastic Network Interfaces, which are attached to instances in a private cloud to allow for more flexibility when configuring the system.
Amazon Web Services has launched services for South American customers from data centers in Brazil, the company said Wednesday.
Businesses that want to take advantage of the maturing cloud marketplace in 2012 can learn from some common mistakes others have made when moving to infrastructure- and platform-as-a-service offerings, experts said.
Amazon Web Services customers this week are worrying about a server reboot the provider is pushing out, but if users have architected their applications properly, they shouldn't be concerned, experts said.
Netflix designed its cloud architecture so that it has the option to move to an Amazon Web Services competitor, but doesn't expect a real competitor to emerge for a few years, a Netflix executive said on Wednesday.
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) management tool will from now on tell users about upcoming scheduled operational activities that will affect the availability of its cloud, the company <a href="http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2011/11/ec2-instance-status-moni...
Amazon Web Services (AWS) wants to attract more high-performance computing users to its cloud and has launched a public beta of Cluster Compute Eight Extra Large, its most powerful cloud service yet.
Amazon Web Services opened up a new data center in Oregon that will cost less to use than AWS's other West Coast facility, in California.
Software AG's WebMethods middleware and ARIS process modeling tools are now certified for deployment on Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud and VMware, the company announced Tuesday as part of an update on its overall cloud strategy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- FTSAP APO ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- FTHR Learning Management ExpertNSW
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTTIBCO DeveloperVIC
- TPEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- FTPHP Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTProject Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- CCSCCM ConsultantACT
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW