Staff were evacuated at several data centers following Tuesday's earthquake but operations at most facilities appear to have been unaffected, according to Twitter posts and other sources.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has launched a public beta test of ElastiCache, which is designed to allow enterprises to speed up their Web applications, the company said on Monday.
Amazon is stepping up the security and access features of its cloud services in an effort to attract more government agencies as customers.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) learned a lot of lessons from the outage that affected its Dublin data center, and will now work to improve power redundancy, load balancing and the way it communicates when something goes wrong with its cloud, the company s...
Amazon Web Services' efforts to restore service following a power outage at its Dublin data center were complicated further on Monday by an error in the EBS (Elastic Block Storage) software, the company said.
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud in North Virginia had connectivity issues late Monday, knocking off temporarily a number of websites and services that use Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing infrastructure.
A lightening strike in Dublin on Sunday caused a power failure in data centers belonging to Amazon and Microsoft, causing the companies' cloud services to go offline.
Amazon Web Services will introduce new capabilities for enterprises on Thursday, including identity federation and support for private network connections to AWS.
Amazon Web Services has opened the fifth annual AWS Start-Up Challenge, a contest that aims to recognize innovative uses of its cloud computing platform, the company said on Monday.
One of the topics most associated with cloud computing is its cost advantages, or lack thereof. One way the topic gets discussed is "capex vs. opex," a simple formulation, but one fraught with meaning.
Amazon has updated its Cloud Player service to work with the iPad, hoping to reel in users of the Apple device before Apple launches its competing iCloud service later this year.
Amazon announced late on Wednesday that it is eliminating the cost for all inbound data transfer to Amazon Web Services, matching Microsoft's recent announcement of the same offer for its Azure service.
Dassault Systèmes has decided to make its products for computer-aided design and manufacturing, product lifecycle management and simulation available on Amazon's cloud, the company said on Wednesday.
Researchers in Germany have found abundant security problems within Amazon's cloud-computing services due to its customers either ignoring or forgetting published security tips.
Cloud computing could help boost the use of high-performance computing (HPC) among small and medium-size businesses, but there are hurdles that have to be overcome before that can happen, IDC said on Monday during a presentation at the International ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- FAA setting up advisory panel on drones led by Intel CEO
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- A Russian hacker gave away millions of email credentials for social media votes
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
- Prepare for the rise of the augmented human: Futurist Simon Raik-Allen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW