Can libraries continue their role as lenders when books are in digital form? While library executives are set on the idea, at least some book publishers seem to still be wary of having libraries circulate electronic copies of their books to multiple ...
Developers interested in coding projects for public cloud services have a new avenue to find work in the form of CloudSpokes, a community marketplace announced Monday by Appirio.
Cloud computing is set to transform the use of databases within enterprises. According to a Database Trends Survey, more than a third of database professionals think that cloud computing is to have the most transformational effect on database technol...
A pop quiz: iPhone is to iTunes as Android is to what? If you're coming up blank, there's good reason.
One of the oldest customs of book lovers and libraries -- lending out favorite titles to friends and patrons -- is finally getting recognized in the electronic age, at least in one electronic book reader: Amazon has announced that it plans to allow u...
Amazon may be preparing a move into gaming after hiring away Microsoft's director of games platform strategy.
Organizations hoping to streamline their deployments of Linux got two new options this week for running the open source OS remotely.
Well, now we know why Amazon's stock of Kindle 2 e-readers evaporated so quickly. Just hours after I wrote about the devices being out of stock, Amazon announced a new model of its popular e-reader. The device, called simply the Kindle, is available ...
Wasting little time in responding to Barnes & Noble's new lower prices for its Nook e-readers, Amazon today slashed the cost of its Kindle device to $189, the company announced. The new price is $70 off the Kindle's previous $259 list, and $10 less t...
Amazon's cloud storage service has unveiled a brand new way to quickly move giant amounts of data to the cloud, one so technologically advanced that it actually allows customers to "bypass the Internet."
Amazon Web Services' content delivery network service CloudFront can now transfer data over an encrypted HTTPS connection, but users will pay more than if they transfer it via HTTP, Amazon said on Monday.
For those of you who think that the Kindle's one third of an inch thick architecture is just too thick, you may be able to check out a new slimmer Kindle come August this year. According to a Bloomberg.com article, Amazon.com plans to introduce the ...
Apple CEO Steve Jobs will handle keynote duties at the company's annual developers conference in two weeks, Apple confirmed today.
It's been said that Oracle is now the industry's most powerful open source vendor, but don't tell that to Red Hat executives, who say Oracle doesn't even qualify as an open source company.
Google has partnered with Intel and Sony to create Google TV, an ambitious attempt to bake its Android software into TVs, Blu-ray players, and a Google set-top box called Buddy Box. Google TV is clearly a challenge to Apple TV, the Boxee Box, TiVo an...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC