Some of Japan's biggest online electronics retailers have stopped shipping Apple products, apparently at the request of the Cupertino, California-based company.
Red Hat Cloud Access will let enterprises use their subscriptions to support either traditional on-premise servers or servers hosted on Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud, the company said on Tuesday.
Lawson Software announced a partnership on Wednesday that will make its ERP (enterprise resource planning) and other applications available on Amazon Web Services' cloud-computing infrastructure service.
Amazon Web Services has added the ability for customers of CloudFront to choose who gets to receive content streamed using the service, the company said on Sunday.
Amazon introduced its e-book shop and reader app for the iPad Monday, entering the battle for e-books dominance against Apple's own iBooks store and Barnes & Noble's e-reader iPad app.
There is still a misconception that Amazon Web Services exists to sell the company's excess server capacity, but that is not the case, CTO Werner Vogels said during a keynote at Cebit.
Amazon Web Services has added a new "high memory extra-large" instance option for its AWS' Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) service, which provides scalable computing infrastructure over the Internet.
Amazon.com has agreed to pay Microsoft an undisclosed sum as part of a patent cross-licensing deal between the companies announced on Monday.
Amazon.com has released a version of its Kindle application for BlackBerry users, giving them access to their e-books without a Kindle device.
The Microsoft executive who managed the company's Trustworthy Computing security program has left for a new role at Amazon.
After a brief protest, Amazon.com will continue to sell e-book titles from Macmillan despite the publisher's decision to raise prices for e-books.
Amazon.com on Thursday announced its first-ever software developer's kit for anyone who wants to create active content for its popular Kindle e-readers.
Amazon has unveiled a new royalty plan that will allow book publishers and authors to make more money off of e-books sold for the Kindle e-reader.
Amazon.com is selling its Kindle DX with a 9.7 inch display in over 100 countries outside the U.S. It is available for pre-order starting Wednesday, with actual shipments scheduled for Jan. 19, Amazon said on Wednesday.
Internet users in Northern California were unable to reach properties including Amazon.com and Amazon Web Services for a time Wednesday evening, as their DNS provider was targeted by a distributed denial-of-service attack. The attack came as North Am...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Arduino targets the Internet of Things with Primo board
- Afraid of floods and hackers? Put your data in space.
- Salesforce brings cross-channel service a step closer with new 'Snap-ins'
- US government agencies are still using Windows 3.1, floppy disks and 1970s computers
- New court request raises further doubts about transatlantic data transfers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- CCScrum MasterACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC