Amazon Web Services has added a new "high memory extra-large" instance option for its AWS' Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) service, which provides scalable computing infrastructure over the Internet.
Amazon.com has agreed to pay Microsoft an undisclosed sum as part of a patent cross-licensing deal between the companies announced on Monday.
Amazon.com has released a version of its Kindle application for BlackBerry users, giving them access to their e-books without a Kindle device.
The Microsoft executive who managed the company's Trustworthy Computing security program has left for a new role at Amazon.
After a brief protest, Amazon.com will continue to sell e-book titles from Macmillan despite the publisher's decision to raise prices for e-books.
Amazon.com on Thursday announced its first-ever software developer's kit for anyone who wants to create active content for its popular Kindle e-readers.
Amazon has unveiled a new royalty plan that will allow book publishers and authors to make more money off of e-books sold for the Kindle e-reader.
Amazon.com is selling its Kindle DX with a 9.7 inch display in over 100 countries outside the U.S. It is available for pre-order starting Wednesday, with actual shipments scheduled for Jan. 19, Amazon said on Wednesday.
Internet users in Northern California were unable to reach properties including Amazon.com and Amazon Web Services for a time Wednesday evening, as their DNS provider was targeted by a distributed denial-of-service attack. The attack came as North Am...
Amazon.com's Kindle e-book reader is coming under assault by hackers, who say they've figured out ways to export protected content for use on other devices.
Amazon.com plans to release a new, free Kindle for BlackBerry mobile application in near future, according to the company's Kindle Web page. The online retailer didn't specify when exactly the app will be released, but its Kindle page currently shows...
The early e-reader is feeling pressure from Nook and other upcoming devices.
When an Amazon Web Services data center lost power early Wednesday, the company wrote about the unfolding event with the brevity and tension of one its bestselling pot boilers.
Businesses looking at using Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) for pay-as-you-go servers can now add Symantec security, backup and storage protection.
Companies running applications on Amazon Web Services can now monitor their environments using IBM’s Tivoli Monitoring software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- OPM, Anthem hackers reportedly also breached United Airlines
- Obama rolls out initiative to boost US supercomputer capability
- Oracle preps 'Sonoma' chip for low-priced Sparc servers
- Researchers develop astonishing Web-based attack on a computer's DRAM
- Samsung plots Galaxy S6 price cut, new phones to help business
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW