It's been said that Oracle is now the industry's most powerful open source vendor, but don't tell that to Red Hat executives, who say Oracle doesn't even qualify as an open source company.
Google has partnered with Intel and Sony to create Google TV, an ambitious attempt to bake its Android software into TVs, Blu-ray players, and a Google set-top box called Buddy Box. Google TV is clearly a challenge to Apple TV, the Boxee Box, TiVo an...
Amazon Web Services has added a new high-availability feature called Multi-Availability Zone (Multi-AZ) to its cloud-based Relational Database Service (RDS), the company said on Tuesday.
Citrix and Amazon are teaming up to put Citrix's application delivery software into the cloud, letting enterprises stream apps to users from Amazon's data centers.
Amazon Web Services has launched VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) in Europe, the company said on Tuesday. The service lets companies connect their existing data centers to isolated computing resources in Amazon's European cloud using an encrypted VPN (vir...
Some of Japan's biggest online electronics retailers have stopped shipping Apple products, apparently at the request of the Cupertino, California-based company.
Red Hat Cloud Access will let enterprises use their subscriptions to support either traditional on-premise servers or servers hosted on Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud, the company said on Tuesday.
Lawson Software announced a partnership on Wednesday that will make its ERP (enterprise resource planning) and other applications available on Amazon Web Services' cloud-computing infrastructure service.
Amazon Web Services has added the ability for customers of CloudFront to choose who gets to receive content streamed using the service, the company said on Sunday.
Amazon introduced its e-book shop and reader app for the iPad Monday, entering the battle for e-books dominance against Apple's own iBooks store and Barnes & Noble's e-reader iPad app.
There is still a misconception that Amazon Web Services exists to sell the company's excess server capacity, but that is not the case, CTO Werner Vogels said during a keynote at Cebit.
Amazon Web Services has added a new "high memory extra-large" instance option for its AWS' Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) service, which provides scalable computing infrastructure over the Internet.
Amazon.com has agreed to pay Microsoft an undisclosed sum as part of a patent cross-licensing deal between the companies announced on Monday.
Amazon.com has released a version of its Kindle application for BlackBerry users, giving them access to their e-books without a Kindle device.
The Microsoft executive who managed the company's Trustworthy Computing security program has left for a new role at Amazon.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Nutanix gets hyperconverged with PernixData and Calm.io
- Sophisticated malware possibly tied to recent ATM heists in Thailand
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Facebook further automates trending topics, ditches human-written descriptions
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCTIBCO Support ConsultantsNSW
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCChange / Project ManagerVIC
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC