Apple CEO Steve Jobs will handle keynote duties at the company's annual developers conference in two weeks, Apple confirmed today.
It's been said that Oracle is now the industry's most powerful open source vendor, but don't tell that to Red Hat executives, who say Oracle doesn't even qualify as an open source company.
Google has partnered with Intel and Sony to create Google TV, an ambitious attempt to bake its Android software into TVs, Blu-ray players, and a Google set-top box called Buddy Box. Google TV is clearly a challenge to Apple TV, the Boxee Box, TiVo an...
Amazon Web Services has added a new high-availability feature called Multi-Availability Zone (Multi-AZ) to its cloud-based Relational Database Service (RDS), the company said on Tuesday.
Citrix and Amazon are teaming up to put Citrix's application delivery software into the cloud, letting enterprises stream apps to users from Amazon's data centers.
Amazon Web Services has launched VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) in Europe, the company said on Tuesday. The service lets companies connect their existing data centers to isolated computing resources in Amazon's European cloud using an encrypted VPN (vir...
Some of Japan's biggest online electronics retailers have stopped shipping Apple products, apparently at the request of the Cupertino, California-based company.
Red Hat Cloud Access will let enterprises use their subscriptions to support either traditional on-premise servers or servers hosted on Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud, the company said on Tuesday.
Lawson Software announced a partnership on Wednesday that will make its ERP (enterprise resource planning) and other applications available on Amazon Web Services' cloud-computing infrastructure service.
Amazon Web Services has added the ability for customers of CloudFront to choose who gets to receive content streamed using the service, the company said on Sunday.
Amazon introduced its e-book shop and reader app for the iPad Monday, entering the battle for e-books dominance against Apple's own iBooks store and Barnes & Noble's e-reader iPad app.
There is still a misconception that Amazon Web Services exists to sell the company's excess server capacity, but that is not the case, CTO Werner Vogels said during a keynote at Cebit.
Amazon Web Services has added a new "high memory extra-large" instance option for its AWS' Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) service, which provides scalable computing infrastructure over the Internet.
Amazon.com has agreed to pay Microsoft an undisclosed sum as part of a patent cross-licensing deal between the companies announced on Monday.
Amazon.com has released a version of its Kindle application for BlackBerry users, giving them access to their e-books without a Kindle device.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WikiLeaks says it doesn’t collaborate with states
- AT&T, Time Warner deal under scrutiny from politicians, consumer groups
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCQA Test Lead- Digital, Mobile, UX, AGILE, CloudNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCPMO Program CoordinatorNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW