The cloud partnership AWS and VMware announced Thursday makes Amazon's public cloud even more attractive for enterprises by letting them take the popular virtualization platform with them.
The days may be getting shorter up in the northern hemisphere, but that hasn't slowed the pace of updates to AWS. Amazon has kept on updating its cloud platform with a handful of quality-of-life changes, plus some major tweaks to how it handles Reser...
You can pre-order Google's voice assistant now and delivery on November 4.
Amazon is adding the Alexa Voice Remote to the Fire TV Stick. Pre-orders are now available.
It's not ready yet, but a report from Bloomberg says Apple's Echo rival is now in the prototype and testing phase.
Larry Ellison continued his assault on Amazon during his second keynote address at Oracle OpenWorld on Tuesday, with a host of benchmarks that showed his company's database outperforming its public cloud competition.
Larry Ellison has a message for Amazon Web Services: Oracle will give Amazon a run for its money in the cloud market.
The Windows 10 Anniversary Update is having problems accepting USB connections from Amazon Kindle e-readers.
Amazon launched a new tool on Thursday aimed at helping developers build applications that offer insights from a firehose of data in real time.
There are plenty of companies vying for a piece of the worldwide cloud infrastructure market, but the top four -- all in the U.S. -- currently dominate by such a wide margin as to effectively leave their competitors in the dust.
Amazon reported another surge in revenue for its cloud business last quarter, though the growth is slowing as the division gets bigger.
Following an extended preview period, Amazon's Elastic File System is now generally available in three geographical regions, with more on the way.
The new $109 Amazon Kindle also makes it easier for visually impaired users to read e-books.
Amazon has shown off its dominance in the public Cloud market as the capstone to a better than expected quarterly earnings report.
Amazon Web Services is going retro to help companies deal with big data workloads. The cloud provider announced Tuesday that it's launching two new volume types for its Elastic Block Store service that are powered by traditional, spinning disk hard d...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCSenior Solution Designer, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia