Larry Ellison continued his assault on Amazon during his second keynote address at Oracle OpenWorld on Tuesday, with a host of benchmarks that showed his company's database outperforming its public cloud competition.
Larry Ellison has a message for Amazon Web Services: Oracle will give Amazon a run for its money in the cloud market.
The Windows 10 Anniversary Update is having problems accepting USB connections from Amazon Kindle e-readers.
Amazon launched a new tool on Thursday aimed at helping developers build applications that offer insights from a firehose of data in real time.
There are plenty of companies vying for a piece of the worldwide cloud infrastructure market, but the top four -- all in the U.S. -- currently dominate by such a wide margin as to effectively leave their competitors in the dust.
Amazon reported another surge in revenue for its cloud business last quarter, though the growth is slowing as the division gets bigger.
Following an extended preview period, Amazon's Elastic File System is now generally available in three geographical regions, with more on the way.
The new $109 Amazon Kindle also makes it easier for visually impaired users to read e-books.
Amazon has shown off its dominance in the public Cloud market as the capstone to a better than expected quarterly earnings report.
Amazon Web Services is going retro to help companies deal with big data workloads. The cloud provider announced Tuesday that it's launching two new volume types for its Elastic Block Store service that are powered by traditional, spinning disk hard d...
A new Amazon cloud service announced Tuesday could help companies with legacy applications have an easier time taking the leap to the cloud.
Amazon’s Kindle Oasis has a book-like spine and battery-boosting leather cover.
Amazon Kindle devices already last for weeks on one charge, but Amazon wants them to last even longer.
After years of relying on the Amazon cloud to store its users' files, Dropbox has shifted gears and begun using primarily its own technology instead.
Amazon caught flack on Wednesday for disabling the encryption capabilities of its Fire phones and tablets with a software update. The company says its reasoning was simple: people didn't use it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT