Amazon has shown off its dominance in the public Cloud market as the capstone to a better than expected quarterly earnings report.
Amazon Web Services is going retro to help companies deal with big data workloads. The cloud provider announced Tuesday that it's launching two new volume types for its Elastic Block Store service that are powered by traditional, spinning disk hard d...
A new Amazon cloud service announced Tuesday could help companies with legacy applications have an easier time taking the leap to the cloud.
Amazon’s Kindle Oasis has a book-like spine and battery-boosting leather cover.
Amazon Kindle devices already last for weeks on one charge, but Amazon wants them to last even longer.
After years of relying on the Amazon cloud to store its users' files, Dropbox has shifted gears and begun using primarily its own technology instead.
Amazon caught flack on Wednesday for disabling the encryption capabilities of its Fire phones and tablets with a software update. The company says its reasoning was simple: people didn't use it.
Amazon Web Services is handing PC and console game developers new tools to encourage them to use its cloud services for their back-end server infrastructure.
Profits from Amazon's cloud division jumped 69 per cent last quarter, but the rest of its business fared less well.
Amazon has promised the creation of a new AWS region based in Montreal, Canada, this year, bringing its cloud to a new country at a time when it faces increased competition in the public cloud arena.
After nearly a year in preview, Amazon's WorkMail hosted email and calendar service for enterprises is now generally available.
Amazon recently launched an AWS Directory Service for Microsoft Active Directory, a fully-managed implementation of Active Directory.https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/active-directory/
Analytics is often described as one of the biggest challenges associated with big data, but even before that step can happen, data has to be ingested and made available to enterprise users. That's where Apache Kafka comes in.
Google, Amazon and Wal-Mart have joined the government's task force charged with figuring out a registration and identification system for drones.
Much of Amazon's sunny earnings report for the third quarter of 2015 can be traced back to its Web Services Cloud division.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FTData EngineersNSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC