Patent firm Eolas Technologies lost an appeal against Google, J.C. Penney, Yahoo and Amazon.com in a long-drawn lawsuit involving key Web patents.
A lawsuit filed by Apple over Amazon.com's use of the term "Appstore" has ended after Apple decided to withdraw the case.
Amazon.com's Kindle e-reader has dominated the competition in Japan since its launch last year, according to new research, showing the company's low pricing and powerful brand may have overcome its late entrance into the market.
Apple didn't try to fix or raise the prices of electronic books when it entered into the market in 2010, according to Apple Senior Vice President Eddy Cue. Rather, he says, the company was only working to ensure a profit for itself.
After remaining quiet on the hardware front for years, Amazon.com's China business has finally brought the company's Kindle tablet and Kindle e-reader to the country.
Amazon.com has set up a website with its brand in India, but will not be selling on the site.
When it comes to tablets, Microsoft and its OEMs don't know where they're going, an analyst said today.
Amazon.com is expanding the distribution of its tablets in a big way with the Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire HD 8.9 now available for preorder in over 170 countries, and its Appstore open in nearly 200 countries.
Concerned about Amazon.com's low pricing of e-books, publishers had taken measures as early as 2009 such as "windowing," a practice of delaying e-book releases to benefit sales of hardcover editions, Apple said in a filing in an e-book price-fixing l...
Amazon.com has updated its mobile app store to include support for its Chinese customers, in a sign that the U.S. company could be preparing to sell its Kindle e-readers and tablets in the country.
Amazon.com is continuing the global expansion of its Appstore by announcing that developers can submit their apps for sale in another 200 countries around the world.
Amazon.com has added a file-syncing feature to its online storage product, Cloud Drive, putting the service on par with competitors such as Dropbox and Google's Drive.
Amazon's rumoured Kindle smartphone will reportedly arrive in the second quarter with a 4.7-inch screen.
A group led by Amazon's CEO has recovered from deep in the Atlantic Ocean rocket engines that powered the NASA Apollo moon missions in the 1960s and 1970s.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has expanded its Elastic Beanstalk to include Node.js, in an effort to make it easier to deploy and manage application development on its cloud.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Michelle Rowland to lead broadband fight for Labor
- More than half the world is still offline
- Consumer Office 365 subscription growth slows
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- FTTest ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCIT Business Analyst- Infrastructure, BABOK- Government BackgrndNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HP-UX/Oracle RDBMS) 160720/SA/113Asia