E-book subscription service Oyster has opened an online book store, a move that pits the young company against heavyweight Amazon.
Amazon wants you to push its buttons...HP sues former execs for $5 billion...Belgians say Facebook is flouting laws... and more tech news.
Facebook accused of stealing data center plan...States object to Radio Shack sale of personal data...EU to probe e-commerce companies...and more tech news.
More Andoid devices get Microsoft apps... Top EU court hears challenge to data exchange deal... Facebook to host content for media groups... and more tech news.
FTC staff pushed for Google antitrust suit...Target may pay $10 million to breach victims...Tesla update adding self-drive to cars
Amazon.com has acquired 2lemetry, a startup that has developed a platform for the integration of connected devices across enterprises, as it expands on its Internet of Things strategy.
European legislators are about to reopen a debate on whether Facebook and Twitter should be subject to the same rules as power grids and payment services for protecting critical IT infrastructure and the data it carries.
Bill to rein in data brokers restarts... Government funds China companies in global push...TurboTax users victimized... and more tech news.
Intel's Broadwell is the real cable-cutter ... India victim sues Uber in US ... rogue Android gains investors ... and more
The holiday season proved to be a good one for Amazon, which reported a jump in sales for the last quarter and a return to profit.
Samsung's mobile profits slide as Apple catches up ... Amazon has an enterprise mail service up its sleeve ... Foreign tech firms say China's cybersecurity rules are meant to drive them away ... and more
Box shares start trading ... EU wants encryption keys ... Uber agrees to get a license ... and more
Amazon.com is to acquire a semiconductor startup in Israel, which has been operating secretively since it was set up in 2011.
Ford drives into the Valley ... Oracle promises cheaper hardware ... Samsung-Blackberry deal still in play ... and more
Luxembourg needed just 11 working days to approve a probably illegal tax deal allowing Amazon.com to allocate a large part of its European Union profits to one of its companies that does not have to pay tax, the European Commission said.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google and Slack deepen partnership in the face of Microsoft Teams
- Fitbit scoops up rival fitness tracker maker Pebble
- Latest Android security update fixes Dirty COW, GPS vulnerabilities
- YouTube's top trending videos for 2016
- SoftBank gives more detail about $50B US investment
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCFinancial AnalystACT
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerVIC
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagersACT
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- CCProject Manager - Scrum MasterNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA