AMD changed its Zen chip architecture's name to Ryzen to provide a defensible trademark, crossing a space probe with Japanese Buddhist calligraphy.
AMD's Ryzen tech event was all about CPUs, but we learned more about Radeon Vega graphics cards, too.
With an aggressive mix of price and performance, AMD's Ryzen will charge into the high-end PC processor space next week. Analysts say Intel may be forced onto the defensive.
Everyone wants to know how AMD's Ryzen compares to Intel's Kaby Lake. AMD showed benchmarks indicating the new chip will be every bit as impressive as the hype says it is.
AMD and Newegg's new promotion offers a free copy of Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation with the purchase of AMD FX-series processors.
GDC 2017 is shaping up to be a big deal for PC enthusiasts, with both AMD and Nvidia holding special events.
AMD's Ryzen stand out: It will be about 10 percent smaller than Intel's Skylake and have a quad-core version.
AMD now is looking to rally its dwindling fan base with a series of Zen-based chips this year for desktops, servers, and laptops. The hyped-up Zen chips are expected to be good, and even Intel readily acknowledges the stiff competition coming its way...
AMD confirmed earlier reports that its Ryzen chip would launch in early March, followed by its Vega GPU chip a quarter later.
AMD's Radeon Pro Duo was always a weird product, and its days are limited with hotly anticipated Vega graphics cards on the horizon.
Oops! A listing for a GDC 2017 session just revealed that AMD's Ryzen CPUs will launch before March 3.
AMD's hotly anticipated Ryzen CPUs were out in full force at CES 2017, and we learned all sorts of new details about both Ryzen and its AM4 platform.
Mark Papermaster, AMD's chief technology officer, tells PCWorld that its new Zen chip architecture is expected to last four years, including derivatives.
AMD just dished out new deets on its highly anticipated Ryzen chips that should make enthusiasts' ears perk up.
AMD’s hotly anticipated Radeon Vega graphics card architecture becomes more than a mere name at CES 2017. Here are the 5 things you need to know.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The $10 Raspberry Pi Zero W brings Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to the minusule micro-PC
- Meizu technology can charge a smartphone in 20 minutes
- Enterprises enter the 5G spotlight at MWC
- Huawei's new smartwatch doesn't need a phone
- Relax: This phone measures your blood pressure
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - Wealth AdviceNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- FTProject / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- TPHRIS Business AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware Applications PackagerNSW
- TPNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP/ Nakisa Implementation ConsultantQLD
- TPSolution Architect - Real-Time Tracking SystemVIC
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- TPIteration ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - TelcoVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCLevel 1/2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD