In an early preview benchmark of Total War: Warhammer's DirectX 12 performance, Radeon wins across the board--but mind those caveats.
“Vega,” the codename for powerful 14nm Radeon graphics cards with second-gen high-bandwidth memory, aren’t expected until the end of the year per AMD’s GPU roadmap.
AMD's long-awaited Polaris GPUs may be imminent, but they're not in the "new" Radeon M400 series graphics that just rolled out.
Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 says goodbye to VGA support by ditching DVI-I connections.
The rivalry between AMD and Intel peaked during the first decade of the 2000s, when the companies consistently challenged each other with a stream of chip innovations.
AMD is licensing its x86 chip architecture to a new joint venture it has formed with a consortium of Chinese companies.
Intel is moving to slowly extricate itself from the PC market through a competitive process where every project in Intel's client PC business is being evaluated for its future prospects.
It's (pretty much) official: Intel's next Core i7 will feature a whopping 10-cores.
AMD showed us its new integrated CPU-GPU chip, code-named Bristol Ridge, in an HP Envy x360 laptop. Here's a glimpse of what it can do.
AMD hopes to provide stiffer competition to Intel's Skylake with its new "7th Generation" processor for laptops and desktops.
AMD is releasing one monster graphics card after another as the GPU speed battle with Nvidia heats up.
Millions of people will buy VR headsets in the coming years to play games and view 3D content, and those sales could spark a real-world war among chip-makers.
AMD wants to make VR headsets lighter while making visuals more realistic with its GPU technology.
PC enthusiasts prefer either AMD or Intel chips, there's often no middle ground. But AMD believes its upcoming Zen chips will have crossover appeal to even the Intel faithful.
A barebones PC could turn into a multimedia or virtual reality powerhouse with new FirePro server graphics processors introduced by AMD.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT