AMD's recent chips haven't rocked Intel's PC market dominance, but new chips based on the company's Zen architecture could change the narrative next year.
If there's one thing tech market doesn't need, it's another standards cat fight. But you survived Firewire vs. USB, HD-DVD vs. Blu-ray, and RDRAM vs. DDR so get ready for the battle between Nvidia's G-Sync and AMD's FreeSync to kick into high gear.
Big day for Windows 10 ... Ellison's on stage for data center unveiling ... Net neutrality gets more presidential firepower ... and more
AMD has cornered the gaming market as Sony’s PS4 and the Xbox One use its processors. Now the company is taking advantage of this gaming experience with its Kaveri range of processors.
AMD said Monday that the two new members of its A-series "Kaveri" chips are now available for preorder, and launching January 14 in the US. But the biggest update to its new hybrid CPUs with integrated graphics may be one of terminology.
China has maintained its lead in the twice-yearly ranking of the world's most powerful supercomputers, with the Chinese National University of Defense Technology's Tianhe-2 system bringing 33.86 petaflop/s (quadrillions of calculations per second) to...
After adding Tomb Raider and Crysis 3 for its Never Settle Reloaded program, AMD is now including Saints Row IV as part of its new Never Settle Forever campaign.
Is anything secure anymore? The National Security Agency (NSA) leaks have produced a number of side effects. What we assumed was a safe form of communications is perhaps not so secure after all. The gold standard of secure mobile messaging, BlackBerr...
The clumsily named Vizio 11.6" Windows 8 Tablet PC is now available for $600 but, if you're seriously considering a Windows 8 tablet right now, the best thing to do may be to wait.
AMD is trying to get noticed again in the notebook space with a new Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) codenamed Richland, which is based on, but improves on the previous APU, codenamed Trinity.
Kevin Lensing, director of AMD's Notebook Product Line, exuded a quiet confidence at a briefing at the 2013 CES show.
Although Microsoft is just getting started with its 2012 Surface tablets, the company plans to launch three new devices in the next year, according to a well-known source of leaks.
The Acer Aspire One 522 (model BZ897) delivers a good, classic netbook for a very reasonable price ($330 as of March 18, 2011). Petite and slim with a handsome 10.1-inch widescreen LED-backlit display, a 250GB hard drive, an integrated 1.3-megapixel ...
Deciding how much graphics power is required when purchasing a PC has never been easy. Investing in a standalone graphics processor from AMD or Nvidia is more often than not overkill for many office applications. However, graphics processors integrat...
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) on Thursday reported net profit for the fourth quarter that beat forecasts, due mainly to income from a patent license and a legal settlement with Samsung.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the U.S. government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
- A judge has partially dismissed Twitter's surveillance case against the US government
- Dell plus EMC has a name: Dell Technologies
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD