“Vega,” the codename for powerful 14nm Radeon graphics cards with second-gen high-bandwidth memory, aren’t expected until the end of the year per AMD’s GPU roadmap.
AMD's long-awaited Polaris GPUs may be imminent, but they're not in the "new" Radeon M400 series graphics that just rolled out.
Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 says goodbye to VGA support by ditching DVI-I connections.
The rivalry between AMD and Intel peaked during the first decade of the 2000s, when the companies consistently challenged each other with a stream of chip innovations.
AMD is licensing its x86 chip architecture to a new joint venture it has formed with a consortium of Chinese companies.
Intel is moving to slowly extricate itself from the PC market through a competitive process where every project in Intel's client PC business is being evaluated for its future prospects.
It's (pretty much) official: Intel's next Core i7 will feature a whopping 10-cores.
AMD showed us its new integrated CPU-GPU chip, code-named Bristol Ridge, in an HP Envy x360 laptop. Here's a glimpse of what it can do.
AMD hopes to provide stiffer competition to Intel's Skylake with its new "7th Generation" processor for laptops and desktops.
AMD is releasing one monster graphics card after another as the GPU speed battle with Nvidia heats up.
Millions of people will buy VR headsets in the coming years to play games and view 3D content, and those sales could spark a real-world war among chip-makers.
AMD wants to make VR headsets lighter while making visuals more realistic with its GPU technology.
PC enthusiasts prefer either AMD or Intel chips, there's often no middle ground. But AMD believes its upcoming Zen chips will have crossover appeal to even the Intel faithful.
A barebones PC could turn into a multimedia or virtual reality powerhouse with new FirePro server graphics processors introduced by AMD.
AMD wants to counter concerns that system administrators may have about placing ARM servers in data centers with its new chips code-named Seattle, which are now shipping in volume after a long delay.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSAP BW Hana DeveloperVIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle RDBMS/UNIX) 160810/AP/713Asia
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTCloud EngineerVIC