AMD's $200 Radeon RX 480 draws much more power than it should through your motherboard, which could damage low-end systems.
Nvidia essentially killed off 3- and 4-way SLI multi-GPU support with its GeForce GTX 1080 and 1070, but AMD's keeping CrossFire support alive and kicking. Ish.
Nvidia's GeForce GTX 900 series cards are getting cheaper, but you don't want them.
After making a big splash with the US$200 Radeon RX 480's reveal, AMD's giving us a glimpse of the rest of the Polaris family.
Jon, Mark and Gordon talk about backpack PCs for VR, AMD's super-cheap GPU, and whether you might have to wait three years for that new iPhone.
AMD demos a working Zen CPU, giving hope to AMD fans looking for an Intel alternative.
AMD hopes its low-power Bristol Ridge and Stoney Ridge hybrid CPU/GPUs will continue to revitalize its fortunes in the notebook space.
AMD's new Polaris GPU-based Radeon RX graphics cards will start at $200 and ship in June.
In an early preview benchmark of Total War: Warhammer's DirectX 12 performance, Radeon wins across the board--but mind those caveats.
“Vega,” the codename for powerful 14nm Radeon graphics cards with second-gen high-bandwidth memory, aren’t expected until the end of the year per AMD’s GPU roadmap.
AMD's long-awaited Polaris GPUs may be imminent, but they're not in the "new" Radeon M400 series graphics that just rolled out.
Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 says goodbye to VGA support by ditching DVI-I connections.
The rivalry between AMD and Intel peaked during the first decade of the 2000s, when the companies consistently challenged each other with a stream of chip innovations.
AMD is licensing its x86 chip architecture to a new joint venture it has formed with a consortium of Chinese companies.
Intel is moving to slowly extricate itself from the PC market through a competitive process where every project in Intel's client PC business is being evaluated for its future prospects.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
- ‘Distributed guessing’ attack lets hackers verify Visa card details
- What happens when a country cracks down on fake news? Ask China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Project AnalystNSW
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- CCService Monitoring Specialist - Information SecurityVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTAccount Executive - SMENSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT