An online retailer is selling a 12-core Opteron server processor from Advanced Micro Devices ahead of the product's official launch by the chip company.
Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday offered more details about its forthcoming Fusion processor, including the speed, power consumption and plans to begin shipping samples in the first half of this year.
Intel on Thursday announced a new vPro platform for its Core processors to make remote maintenance and management of PCs easier in an enterprise.
Intel is preparing six-core chips for high-end desktops and servers for release in the first half of this year, the company said Wednesday.
Advanced Micro Devices reached profitability for the first time in three years during the fourth quarter of 2009, benefiting from a legal settlement with Intel and a change in its business model, the company said on Thursday.
Spend too much time monkeying around with the inside of your PC? Wish you had a trained primate to install the latest and greatest graphics cards? In its latest advertisement that left us agape, ATI demonstrates via Louie the primate that its cards...
Intel on Thursday reported US$2.3 billion in profit for the fourth quarter of 2009, in a strong financial showing driven by an increase in spending on PC and server chips.
ATI, the graphics division of AMD, has done a pretty good job so far of bringing its new DirectX 11 capable graphics cards down to prices regular people can afford. True, the Radeon HD 5870 and 5850 launched at truly "enthusiast" price levels, but th...
Lenovo has extended its use of Advanced Micro Devices processors in PCs with the launch of a new desktop Thursday.
Advanced Micro Devices will put triple-core processors into laptops to fill a power and performance gap, the company said.
Intel is ramping up efforts to push low-power Atom chips in the burgeoning category of tablet devices, a market where the chip giant, which dominates netbooks, faces tough competition from competitors like Nvidia.
Advanced Micro Devices is expected to show off its latest laptop processors on Thursday, including quad-core chips for laptops that are due in a few months.
Lenovo is looking beyond long-term partner Intel and beginning to offer budget ThinkPad laptops based on Advanced Micro Devices' processors, the company said on Monday.
With its line of consumer PCs slated for rollout at the Consumer Electronics Show later this week, Lenovo has chosen to unveil its latest line-up of business computers on Monday. Ranging from the new ThinkPad Edge series for small and mid-sized busin...
The antitrust lawsuit filed today by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's against Intel Corp. could turn out to be a great Christmas present for Advanced Micro Devices Inc. and Nvidia Corp.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 10 ways to get an IT Job in 2017
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft expands FastTrack migration service
- Yahoo pushes back timing of Verizon deal after breaches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- CCChange Analyst- O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTJnr Security SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)Other
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC