Advanced Micro Devices has pulled dual-core server processors from its product lineup, also cutting prices of some Opteron chips by close to 43 percent.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc. last week said it will release a six-core Opteron processor in June, five months ahead of schedule. And it detailed plans to add chips supporting up to 12 cores next year and 16 in 2011.
AMD on Thursday introduced the latest member of its Phenom II X4 family of high-performance quad-core CPUs, which the No. 2 chip maker said it had run as fast as 7 GHz in extreme overclocking tests.
Advanced Micro Devices is designing a server chip with up to 16 cores, quadrupling the count of its current quad-core server chips, the company said Wednesday.
AMD on Wednesday expanded its Opteron server processor lineup, lowering the bar on power drawn while raising the performance of chips.
Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday reported a wider loss for the quarter compared to last year as it tries to recover from the recession.
Chip maker Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday said it would ship new laptop and server processors later this quarter, which should up the ante in its competition with rival chip maker Intel.
One Laptop Per Child on Friday refreshed its XO-1 laptop hardware, dumping chips from Advanced Micro Devices in favor of processors from Via Technologies.
Size matters and so does performance. The ongoing goal to make devices smaller and more efficient to keep ahead of the pack has been ringing true since the evolution of the bulky PC to the Eee PC, and from the stereo to the iPod. It’s a small wo...
Chip maker Advanced Micro Devices has released a beta of a new 3D browser, which is designed to let users easily share multimedia files stored on their PCs with their social networks.
Advanced Micro Devices on Friday said it would take further actions, which could include facility closures, to cut costs as it restructures in an effort to return to profitability.
Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday said it would release "very low-power" Shanghai processors within three months, a move that could intensify its ongoing chip battle with rival Intel.
The world's top server vendors on Monday updated their product lines, launching new servers to coincide with the release of Intel's next-generation Xeon processors.
GlobalFoundries, the former manufacturing arm of rival Advanced Micro Devices, needs to pay Intel for a license to manufacture x86 processors, an Intel spokesman said Tuesday.
Advanced Micro Devices agreed to an Intel offer to make public the terms of a cross-license agreement at the heart of a dispute between the two companies. But there's one condition: in return, AMD wants Intel to lift a demand that evidence submitted ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTWeb Analytics Specialist - TechnicalNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (CISCO/SSLVPN/Firewall) 160211/SA/551Asia