After the U.S. Congress approved what critics have called modest limits on the National Security Agency's collection of domestic telephone records, many lawmakers may be reluctant to further change the government's surveillance programs.
American Library Association
U.S. President Barack Obama's proposed changes to the National Security Agency's surveillance programs don't go far enough, some technology and digital rights groups said, while others hailed it as a good first step.
U.S. residents have the right to resell software and other products protected by copyright even when they are manufactured overseas, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled.
The U.S. Supreme Court will hear arguments Monday in two cases with potentially broad implications to technology users, one reviewing whether consumers can resell copyright-protected products they have purchased and the second challenging an electron...
Dozens of groups that have supported efforts at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to create network neutrality rules have voiced opposition to a proposal from agency Chairman Julius Genachowski in recent days.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its allies have several options, with most of them difficult, after a U.S. appeals court struck down most of the agency's 2010 net neutrality rules.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork and Security ArchitectNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCQuality Assurance LeadNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst | GovernmentQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCTivoli Access Manager DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- FTJava/JEE DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW