After the U.S. Congress approved what critics have called modest limits on the National Security Agency's collection of domestic telephone records, many lawmakers may be reluctant to further change the government's surveillance programs.
American Library Association
U.S. President Barack Obama's proposed changes to the National Security Agency's surveillance programs don't go far enough, some technology and digital rights groups said, while others hailed it as a good first step.
U.S. residents have the right to resell software and other products protected by copyright even when they are manufactured overseas, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled.
The U.S. Supreme Court will hear arguments Monday in two cases with potentially broad implications to technology users, one reviewing whether consumers can resell copyright-protected products they have purchased and the second challenging an electron...
Dozens of groups that have supported efforts at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to create network neutrality rules have voiced opposition to a proposal from agency Chairman Julius Genachowski in recent days.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its allies have several options, with most of them difficult, after a U.S. appeals court struck down most of the agency's 2010 net neutrality rules.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
- BMW teams up with Intel, Mobileye to make a self-driving car by 2021
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW