We explain Google's Android smartphone operating system.
Now that business users have begun clamoring for Android phones in earnest, it's a better time than ever to take a fresh look at the Android apps now available for enterprises.
GPS was once merely a means to help navigate people through difficult terrain, erratic bushland and dodgy suburbs. However, the rise of smartphones has led to all sorts of novel applications for GPS technology. We take a look at the 10 best GPS-based...
The more I use the HTC Incredible, the more I like it. And the thing that really makes the Incredible, er, incredible is its operating system, Android<.
Google's Android operating system, native to T-Mobile's G1 and myTouch smartphones and due out soon in a number of new phones and even netbooks, is an impressively open and versatile platform. As with rival smartphone platforms -- Apple's iPhone OS, ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tell-tale toys open bedroom door to strangers, consumer groups warn
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Information Management SMENSW
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCSenior Developer - Java and AWSVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Developer | Salesforce/JavaNSW
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- FTSAP HR Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- TPTest LeadQLD
- CCGIS ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneSA