We explain Google's Android smartphone operating system.
Now that business users have begun clamoring for Android phones in earnest, it's a better time than ever to take a fresh look at the Android apps now available for enterprises.
GPS was once merely a means to help navigate people through difficult terrain, erratic bushland and dodgy suburbs. However, the rise of smartphones has led to all sorts of novel applications for GPS technology. We take a look at the 10 best GPS-based...
The more I use the HTC Incredible, the more I like it. And the thing that really makes the Incredible, er, incredible is its operating system, Android<.
Google's Android operating system, native to T-Mobile's G1 and myTouch smartphones and due out soon in a number of new phones and even netbooks, is an impressively open and versatile platform. As with rival smartphone platforms -- Apple's iPhone OS, ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Taxi hailing apps Mytaxi and Hailo will merge to counter Uber in Europe
- Cybersecurity firm offers users reimbursement for ransomware infections
- Amazon testing parcel deliveries by drones in the UK
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC