Snapchat has incorporated a phone number opt-out feature into its mobile app in response to a recent hacking incident -- the company's latest effort to convince users that their personal information is safe.
Facebook is acquiring Little Eye Labs, an Indian developer of a tool for performance analysis and monitoring of Android apps, the startup said.
Consumers looking for a cheap tablet later this year will find some devices loaded with both Android and Windows 8, a new trend among Chinese manufacturers.
Hewlett-Packard has passed on the "one-size-fits-all" Chrome OS and loaded the more customizable Android 4.3 on its new Slate 21 Pro all-in-one.
Lenovo is going beyond smartphones and tablets with Android, putting the operating system in a unique 28-inch 4K smart monitor and a new 19.5-inch all-in-one PC.
Archos is showing two low-cost Android-based smartphones next week at the International CES trade show, including the 45 Helium 4G, which is priced at US$200 without a contract.
Google has asked a court in California to rule that it does not directly or indirectly infringe seven patents of Rockstar Consortium, after the Microsoft, Apple, BlackBerry, Ericsson and Sony backed patent firm sued seven of Google's Android partners...
Norwegian browser company Opera Software is developing an app designed to decrease Android data consumption.
Samsung Electronics will ship 35 games with its Smartphone GamePad gaming controller, which can be attached to most of its Android-based Galaxy smartphones.
An Android botnet found in South Korea that steals text messages may be one of the largest and most advanced mobile malware operations discovered, according to security vendor FireEye.
You might think of Instagram's new private messaging feature as a way to share certain photos with just your best friends. But Instagram -- and the Kardashians -- have other ideas about how the tool could be used to serve up promotional content.
With Nokia reportedly working on its own version of Android for use on low-end smartphones, the company needs Google's OS to able to compete in that increasingly important segment of the market, according to Informa principal analyst Malik Saadi.
Twitter has made its direct messaging service easier to use and added the ability to send photos, in an update to the Twitter app for Android and iOS released Tuesday.
Qualcomm has made its Gimbal sensors or "proximity beacons" commercially available as part of the company's context aware platform, which lets, for example, retailers see when a customer has entered a store.
Xamarin has integrated the sneak peek version of Google's GDK (Glass Development Kit) into its cross-platform development tools, allowing C# developers to create apps for Google Glass.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Google Play faces cat and mouse game with sneaky Android malware
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTAutomation TesterQLD
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieQLD
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Infrastructure ProjectQLD
- FTNetwork Services ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst AgileQLD
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Support Officer - Data and Information ManagementVIC
- FTProject Manager - Financial Forecasting SystemsNSW
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperQLD
- FTAssociate Consultant - IT Project ServicesVIC
- TPSolution Architect - IntegrationQLD
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorSA
- CCLevel 1 IT Support OfficerACT
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- FTDigital Support ConsultantSA
- CCTest Manager OfficeACT
- FT.Net Developer (x2)NSW
- FTICT Business Development Manager - Technical Products/SolutionsQLD
- FTDirector, Centre for Cyber Security SolutionsVIC
- FTWeb BA LeadQLD