Mobile management vendors like Good Technology and MobileIron are increasing efforts to pitch Android and iOS as alternatives to BlackBerry, thanks to improved security and management tools.
Mobile developers will be able to track usage of their Android and iOS applications, as well as experiment with interface improvements, with two free services from Amazon.
Google has paid extra attention to Android's performance on low-cost smartphones when developing version 4.4 of the OS, which could be very good news for consumers and developers but a problem for competitors like Mozilla and Nokia.
Google's highly anticipated Nexus 5 is the first smartphone with the latest Android 4.4 OS code-named KitKat.
Samsung Electronics is updating products including the Galaxy S4 and Note II so they can communicate with the company's Galaxy Gear smartwatch.
Samsung Electronics has signed a 10-year supply agreement with Corning, the maker of Gorilla Glass, to ensure access to all of Corning's existing and future technologies.
Rumors that Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi might be breaking from Android to develop its own mobile operating system are not true, company executives said on Tuesday.
Ex-Googler Hugo Barra has a thing for the fans -- but not Google's.
Accidentally leaked user manuals from PC maker Lenovo show that the company is preparing a new laptop that runs Android instead of Windows.
Samsung Electronics is working on a new 13-megapixel camera module with optical image stabilization, an area where Samsung has fallen behind its competitors.
Snapchat is giving photos and videos captured with its app some longevity.
Smartphone vendors have rekindled their infatuation with enterprises as the consumer segment fizzles; this week's exhibit is the launch of LG Electronics' Gate, which separates users' professional and private lives through virtualization.
Google has removed an application from its Play store that purported to be AdBlock Plus, a well-known application that blocks online ads.
Germany's Federal Patent Court invalidated an Apple photo-management patent because Steve Jobs showed how the technology worked during a keynote months before the company applied for the patent in Europe.
The first draft of anything is terrible, Ernest Hemingway once said (though in slightly more colorful language). Facebook is applying some similar thinking and allowing users to edit their posts.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- CIA updates rules for collecting and retaining info on US people
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Google Maps beta now shows how hard it will be to park at your destination
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerWA
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT