Mobile management vendors like Good Technology and MobileIron are increasing efforts to pitch Android and iOS as alternatives to BlackBerry, thanks to improved security and management tools.
Mobile developers will be able to track usage of their Android and iOS applications, as well as experiment with interface improvements, with two free services from Amazon.
Google has paid extra attention to Android's performance on low-cost smartphones when developing version 4.4 of the OS, which could be very good news for consumers and developers but a problem for competitors like Mozilla and Nokia.
Google's highly anticipated Nexus 5 is the first smartphone with the latest Android 4.4 OS code-named KitKat.
Samsung Electronics is updating products including the Galaxy S4 and Note II so they can communicate with the company's Galaxy Gear smartwatch.
Samsung Electronics has signed a 10-year supply agreement with Corning, the maker of Gorilla Glass, to ensure access to all of Corning's existing and future technologies.
Rumors that Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi might be breaking from Android to develop its own mobile operating system are not true, company executives said on Tuesday.
Ex-Googler Hugo Barra has a thing for the fans -- but not Google's.
Accidentally leaked user manuals from PC maker Lenovo show that the company is preparing a new laptop that runs Android instead of Windows.
Samsung Electronics is working on a new 13-megapixel camera module with optical image stabilization, an area where Samsung has fallen behind its competitors.
Snapchat is giving photos and videos captured with its app some longevity.
Smartphone vendors have rekindled their infatuation with enterprises as the consumer segment fizzles; this week's exhibit is the launch of LG Electronics' Gate, which separates users' professional and private lives through virtualization.
Google has removed an application from its Play store that purported to be AdBlock Plus, a well-known application that blocks online ads.
Germany's Federal Patent Court invalidated an Apple photo-management patent because Steve Jobs showed how the technology worked during a keynote months before the company applied for the patent in Europe.
The first draft of anything is terrible, Ernest Hemingway once said (though in slightly more colorful language). Facebook is applying some similar thinking and allowing users to edit their posts.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia