Mobile management vendors like Good Technology and MobileIron are increasing efforts to pitch Android and iOS as alternatives to BlackBerry, thanks to improved security and management tools.
Mobile developers will be able to track usage of their Android and iOS applications, as well as experiment with interface improvements, with two free services from Amazon.
Google has paid extra attention to Android's performance on low-cost smartphones when developing version 4.4 of the OS, which could be very good news for consumers and developers but a problem for competitors like Mozilla and Nokia.
Google's highly anticipated Nexus 5 is the first smartphone with the latest Android 4.4 OS code-named KitKat.
Samsung Electronics is updating products including the Galaxy S4 and Note II so they can communicate with the company's Galaxy Gear smartwatch.
Samsung Electronics has signed a 10-year supply agreement with Corning, the maker of Gorilla Glass, to ensure access to all of Corning's existing and future technologies.
Rumors that Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi might be breaking from Android to develop its own mobile operating system are not true, company executives said on Tuesday.
Ex-Googler Hugo Barra has a thing for the fans -- but not Google's.
Accidentally leaked user manuals from PC maker Lenovo show that the company is preparing a new laptop that runs Android instead of Windows.
Samsung Electronics is working on a new 13-megapixel camera module with optical image stabilization, an area where Samsung has fallen behind its competitors.
Snapchat is giving photos and videos captured with its app some longevity.
Smartphone vendors have rekindled their infatuation with enterprises as the consumer segment fizzles; this week's exhibit is the launch of LG Electronics' Gate, which separates users' professional and private lives through virtualization.
Google has removed an application from its Play store that purported to be AdBlock Plus, a well-known application that blocks online ads.
Germany's Federal Patent Court invalidated an Apple photo-management patent because Steve Jobs showed how the technology worked during a keynote months before the company applied for the patent in Europe.
The first draft of anything is terrible, Ernest Hemingway once said (though in slightly more colorful language). Facebook is applying some similar thinking and allowing users to edit their posts.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW