Mobile management vendors like Good Technology and MobileIron are increasing efforts to pitch Android and iOS as alternatives to BlackBerry, thanks to improved security and management tools.
Mobile developers will be able to track usage of their Android and iOS applications, as well as experiment with interface improvements, with two free services from Amazon.
Google has paid extra attention to Android's performance on low-cost smartphones when developing version 4.4 of the OS, which could be very good news for consumers and developers but a problem for competitors like Mozilla and Nokia.
Google's highly anticipated Nexus 5 is the first smartphone with the latest Android 4.4 OS code-named KitKat.
Samsung Electronics is updating products including the Galaxy S4 and Note II so they can communicate with the company's Galaxy Gear smartwatch.
Samsung Electronics has signed a 10-year supply agreement with Corning, the maker of Gorilla Glass, to ensure access to all of Corning's existing and future technologies.
Rumors that Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi might be breaking from Android to develop its own mobile operating system are not true, company executives said on Tuesday.
Ex-Googler Hugo Barra has a thing for the fans -- but not Google's.
Accidentally leaked user manuals from PC maker Lenovo show that the company is preparing a new laptop that runs Android instead of Windows.
Samsung Electronics is working on a new 13-megapixel camera module with optical image stabilization, an area where Samsung has fallen behind its competitors.
Snapchat is giving photos and videos captured with its app some longevity.
Smartphone vendors have rekindled their infatuation with enterprises as the consumer segment fizzles; this week's exhibit is the launch of LG Electronics' Gate, which separates users' professional and private lives through virtualization.
Google has removed an application from its Play store that purported to be AdBlock Plus, a well-known application that blocks online ads.
Germany's Federal Patent Court invalidated an Apple photo-management patent because Steve Jobs showed how the technology worked during a keynote months before the company applied for the patent in Europe.
The first draft of anything is terrible, Ernest Hemingway once said (though in slightly more colorful language). Facebook is applying some similar thinking and allowing users to edit their posts.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon testing parcel deliveries by drones in the UK
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- FBI probes DNC hack as suspicions of Russian involvement widen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCIP & Fixed LeadVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- FTSenior Business Analyst - InsuranceVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW