Less than three weeks after pushing Android 4.4.3 to users of its Nexus devices, Google released a new version of the OS that incorporates a patch for a serious vulnerability identified in the OpenSSL cryptographic library.
Samsung Electronics has launched a new version of the Galaxy S5 with an upgraded screen and faster processor, but for now it is only available in South Korea.
Apple's tight vetting of mobile applications gives it a security edge over Android, but there are still several ways for attackers to steal data from iOS devices, a mobile security company warned in a report Tuesday.
Six months after adding its Place Pins feature, Pinterest is improving the search technology around the location pins.
Google is getting on the soccer World Cup bandwagon with a Glass update that lets users keep track of the tournament.
Apple may be looking to infuse its mapping software with personally relevant results by incorporating social search with technology acquired from the startup Spotsetter.
Although the memory of a bad date can take a lot longer than 24 hours to truly fade, the dating app Tinder has decided that's plenty of time for its users to share photos with their matches.
Smartwatch applications can be customized for devices with round displays by tweaking the user interface, Google said as it ramps up efforts to get developers ready for the launch of Android Wear.
Instagram has added a suite of new effects to its app in a move to win over users who might otherwise turn to alternative software for photo editing tools.
As they battle for dominance in the cut-throat smartphone category, vendors are betting that luxury-evoking designs and features such as better front cameras will get consumers to open their wallets.
acebook will soon be listening to its users -- literally -- but some of them wish it would cover its ears.
Google has posted a number of notifications to show what users will be able to see on their Android Wear smartwatches, including integration with Nest's smoke detector.
The latest version of Xamarin's namesake development platform has additional support for iOS and more features for sharing code across the Apple OS, Android and Windows.
Google has boosted the Android management features in Apps to help IT admins control access to the suite from users' Android smartphones and tablets.
Google is hoping to lure users to spending more time on its social network with a new photo playback feature for Google+ called "Stories."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HPE has won $3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
- This mobile Trojan from China fills your phone with porn apps
- Eyefi leaves some card owners stranded, highlighting IoT hazards
- DNC hacker Guccifer 2.0 denies Russian links and mocks security firms
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- CCTest LeadNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD