Google aims to fuel international sales in the Play store by expanding the use of carrier billing and letting developers sell apps in more countries. The company has also added PayPal as a new payment method in countries such as the U.S. and Germany.
Google is being tight-lipped about when the 64-bit version of Android will be released, but Linux development group Linaro has built a version of the open-source operating system so mobile applications can be written and tested by manufacturers and d...
Airbnb has a new service for San Francisco and Los Angeles travelers and residents who enjoy spontaneity, or at least who don't like to plan.
Facebook has removed its standalone Poke app, an early clone of Snapchat, as well as its Camera app, from Apple's iTunes app store.
Yahoo's News Digest application is now available on Android, with an international and a Canadian edition also added.
Samsung has made the second version of its Knox data and app security platform available worldwide, but at first only users and enterprises that have the new Galaxy S5 can take advantage of the improvements it offers.
After flirting with the idea for more than a year, Advanced Micro Devices has finally provided concrete details for bringing Android to its chips as the company looks to support more operating systems beyond Windows.
An intriguing feature that lets people find out how long they'd have to wait for an Uber ride is one of the new navigation tools in Google Maps' mobile app.
Whether you've lost your car or lost your Internet connection, Google Now is getting a little more helpful.
A lawsuit filed Thursday accuses Google of strong-arming device manufacturers into making its search engine the default on Android devices, driving up the cost of those devices and hurting consumers.
LG Electronics has sent out invites to an event on May 27, at which the company is expected to launch its next flagship smartphone, the G3, as well as the Android Wear-based G Watch.
Spanish smartphone maker Geeksphone has lowered the cost of the Revolution, an Android smartphone on which buyers can easily install Mozilla's Firefox OS, to €199 (US$275) without a contract.
Google has added support for a new TLS cipher suite in its Chrome browser for Android that the company claims will provide better security and performance for encrypted communications on mobile devices.
LG Electronics has revealed that its upcoming smartwatch G Watch will be water resistant and have an always-on display.
The new Android version of Google communication tool Hangouts will allow users to merge SMS and Hangout conversations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- GE launches cloud for the industrial Internet
- Sounds can knock drones out of the sky
- Jabra Sport Coach Wireless earbuds
- iiNet unveils Social Post at Perth Arena
- Optus is shutting down its 2G network, prompts customers to upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW