Google could gain a stronger position in businesses by acquiring Divide, an enterprise software company focused on the bring-your-own-device to work model.
Google is planning to add more smarts to its Google Translate service by acquiring Quest Visual, developer of the Word Lens camera-based translation app.
Google has hired a former Calvin Klein and Gap executive to help make Glass socially acceptable and turn it into a mainstream product.
Google aims to fuel international sales in the Play store by expanding the use of carrier billing and letting developers sell apps in more countries. The company has also added PayPal as a new payment method in countries such as the U.S. and Germany.
Google is being tight-lipped about when the 64-bit version of Android will be released, but Linux development group Linaro has built a version of the open-source operating system so mobile applications can be written and tested by manufacturers and d...
Airbnb has a new service for San Francisco and Los Angeles travelers and residents who enjoy spontaneity, or at least who don't like to plan.
Facebook has removed its standalone Poke app, an early clone of Snapchat, as well as its Camera app, from Apple's iTunes app store.
Yahoo's News Digest application is now available on Android, with an international and a Canadian edition also added.
Samsung has made the second version of its Knox data and app security platform available worldwide, but at first only users and enterprises that have the new Galaxy S5 can take advantage of the improvements it offers.
After flirting with the idea for more than a year, Advanced Micro Devices has finally provided concrete details for bringing Android to its chips as the company looks to support more operating systems beyond Windows.
An intriguing feature that lets people find out how long they'd have to wait for an Uber ride is one of the new navigation tools in Google Maps' mobile app.
Whether you've lost your car or lost your Internet connection, Google Now is getting a little more helpful.
A lawsuit filed Thursday accuses Google of strong-arming device manufacturers into making its search engine the default on Android devices, driving up the cost of those devices and hurting consumers.
LG Electronics has sent out invites to an event on May 27, at which the company is expected to launch its next flagship smartphone, the G3, as well as the Android Wear-based G Watch.
Spanish smartphone maker Geeksphone has lowered the cost of the Revolution, an Android smartphone on which buyers can easily install Mozilla's Firefox OS, to €199 (US$275) without a contract.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCChange Manager - O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetNSW
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW
- CCDeployment LeadVIC
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- TPBusiness/Data AnalystQLD
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetWA
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW