Google could gain a stronger position in businesses by acquiring Divide, an enterprise software company focused on the bring-your-own-device to work model.
Google is planning to add more smarts to its Google Translate service by acquiring Quest Visual, developer of the Word Lens camera-based translation app.
Google has hired a former Calvin Klein and Gap executive to help make Glass socially acceptable and turn it into a mainstream product.
Google aims to fuel international sales in the Play store by expanding the use of carrier billing and letting developers sell apps in more countries. The company has also added PayPal as a new payment method in countries such as the U.S. and Germany.
Google is being tight-lipped about when the 64-bit version of Android will be released, but Linux development group Linaro has built a version of the open-source operating system so mobile applications can be written and tested by manufacturers and d...
Airbnb has a new service for San Francisco and Los Angeles travelers and residents who enjoy spontaneity, or at least who don't like to plan.
Facebook has removed its standalone Poke app, an early clone of Snapchat, as well as its Camera app, from Apple's iTunes app store.
Yahoo's News Digest application is now available on Android, with an international and a Canadian edition also added.
Samsung has made the second version of its Knox data and app security platform available worldwide, but at first only users and enterprises that have the new Galaxy S5 can take advantage of the improvements it offers.
After flirting with the idea for more than a year, Advanced Micro Devices has finally provided concrete details for bringing Android to its chips as the company looks to support more operating systems beyond Windows.
An intriguing feature that lets people find out how long they'd have to wait for an Uber ride is one of the new navigation tools in Google Maps' mobile app.
Whether you've lost your car or lost your Internet connection, Google Now is getting a little more helpful.
A lawsuit filed Thursday accuses Google of strong-arming device manufacturers into making its search engine the default on Android devices, driving up the cost of those devices and hurting consumers.
LG Electronics has sent out invites to an event on May 27, at which the company is expected to launch its next flagship smartphone, the G3, as well as the Android Wear-based G Watch.
Spanish smartphone maker Geeksphone has lowered the cost of the Revolution, an Android smartphone on which buyers can easily install Mozilla's Firefox OS, to €199 (US$275) without a contract.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Maps tunnel navigation can be dangerous
- Akitio Thunder3 PCIe SSD review: Blazingly fast external storage for rich kids
- Xbox One S controller review: New features and custom colors make for a great successor
- Why you want Google's Allo
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT