Google has updated its cross-platform Play Games service, and promises it has more in store for this week's Game Developers Conference in San Francisco.
The developers of Replicant, a mobile OS based on Android, claim to have found a backdoor vulnerability in a software component shipped with some Samsung Galaxy devices that potentially provides remote access to users' private files through the devic...
Google is facing a lawsuit over unauthorized in-app purchases on Android devices by children.
Fraunhofer Institute researchers are working to speed up the scanning of mobile app code for security flaws, aiming to offer developers in a few milliseconds the kind of analysis that once required an all-night scan of code.
With smartphones and tablets increasingly at risk from malware, researchers from North Carolina State University have devised a new and potentially better way to detect it on Android devices.
Linaro, the open-source development consortium for Linux on ARM architecture, is working on software, tools and drivers that could hasten the release of 64-bit Android.
Kaspersky Lab has spotted malware for the Android mobile operating system employing the TOR anonymity network, a development previously only seen on Windows.
Rooting your Android phone and flashing it with a new ROM -- a different version of the OS -- is usually accompanied by dire warnings from the manufacturer and occasionally even the supplier of the ROM image that it can make your phone less secure. N...
Advanced Micro Devices has optimized a version of Android for tablets and PCs containing its chips, and will sell it on new PCs through retail stores in Europe.
The long wait for a 64-bit version of Android on smartphones is coming to a close, with Intel on Monday showing a version of the OS running on a handset.
Blackphone, the Swiss start-up that's launching a smartphone with encrypted communications, is planning a series of devices around the same idea, one of the company's co-founders said on Monday.
In a bid to go after the low-end smartphone segment, Nokia is using Android with its own user interface and Microsoft services on the X, X+ and XL devices.
Orange is hoping its latest branded smartphone, the Gova, will help make its LTE networks more popular.
The source code for an Android mobile banking Trojan app was released on an underground forum, making it possible for a larger number of cybercriminals to launch attacks using this kind of malware in the future.
Dutch telecom operator KPN has struck a deal with encrypted communications provider Silent Circle to start offering its Dutch, German and Belgian customers encrypted phone calls and text messages.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- South Dakota law will be a test case for a US Internet sales tax
- Quantum computers pose a huge threat to security, and the NIST wants your help
- EMC's latest VCE nodes aim to make clouds easy
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW