Samsung has officially announced the release of the Galaxy S4 Active in Australia, a water and dust resistant Android smartphone.
HTC is soon expected to release a larger version of its One smartphone called the HTC One Max, after leaked images of the purported device were published by Twitter account @evleaks.
Google has announced a new Android Device Manager service and app designed to plug physical security holes. It will be available later in August.
German supermarket chain Aldi will again sell a 3G, quad-core Android tablet for $249, and will also stock a 4in Android smartphone with dual-SIM capabilities. Both devices are set to go on sale in Australia from Saturday, 13 July.
Huawei has announced the impending Australian launch of its new Ascend P6 smartphone, but the device will not be sold through traditional telco carriers.
Samsung has reportedly shipped 20 million Galaxy S4 smartphones globally, a little over two months after the device officially went on sale.
We don't know what Motorola's Moto X smartphone looks like, nor do we know when it will officially be released, but the company has already begun advertising the smartphone.
Sony's next Android phone is expected to come with a 20-megapixel camera that can record 4K video, after a software build purported to be from the device was leaked.
Google hasn't officially released it yet, but the company's 4.3 version of the Android mobile operating system looks like it will soon coming to the Samsung Galaxy S4.
Sony has confirmed it will release its new SmartWatch 2 and Xperia Z Ultra devices in Australia later this year, but has refused to reveal an exact release date.
Sony has launched the SmartWatch 2, an update of its Android-based watch, while the competition still seems largely to be in development mode. The company is also hoping to attract users that want a smartphone with a really big screen with the 6.4in ...
Huawei's CEO has claimed that the Samsung Galaxy S4 is a "so-so" smartphone, and has also criticised Google's Android operating system for being "too complicated."
Samsung has confirmed that its new Galaxy S4 Zoom, an Android smartphone with a 16-megapixel camera, optical zoom, and a xenon flash, will be released in Australia "later this year".
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Huawei is ambitiously targeting a sales figure of 10 million units for its new Ascend P6 Android phone, according to the company's CEO.
HTC is set to bring back its Desire brand to the smartphone market, following a video of an upcoming device being published by Vietnamese blog TheGioididong.com.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital -PenrithNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW