LG has today confirmed that its flagship smartphone for 2013, the G2, will go on sale in Australia from Monday, 4 November, exclusively through Optus.
Google has slashed the price of its Nexus 4 Android smartphone by $100 in Australia, fuelling suggestions the device is due for an upgrade in the near future.
Google Play gift cards are now on sale through Woolworths supermarkets and Big W department stores across Australia, Ausdroid has confirmed.
Huawei has unveiled its Ascend Mate Android smartphone in Australia, with the 6.1in-screen device set to go on sale from Saturday 20 April.
While it's important to remember that the use of Google Android software in the enterprise is still a comparatively young phenomenon, there are a few general guidelines that businesses looking to use the platform would do well to remember.
HTC's new One smartphone takes 220 minutes or almost four hours to manufacture, according to a company executive.
With last week's launch of the Galaxy S 4, Samsung made the kind of splash that most non-Apple smartphone makers can only dream of. The company's glitzy reveal -- complete with tap dancing, theatrical sketches and a full pit orchestra -- drew critici...
Optus will exclusively launch the HTC Rhyme Android phone in Australia on 1 November. Described as "elegant" and clearly marketed towards women, the Rhyme includes a charm accessory that glows when you receive a call or text message.
LG has announced it will be the first manufacturer to launch a 3D smartphone, the LG Optimus 3D.
Telstra has published a post on its exchange blog, noticed by Ausdroid, hinting that the telco may launch Motorola's Atrix Android smartphone in Australia.
Motorola has just announced the release of the first ruggedised Android smartphone, the Motorola Defy.
Defending its sources as "multiple" and "trusted," tech blog Engadget's gone on the defensive, claiming the PlayStation Phone is indeed real and citing a few scoops they got right. Of course they won't tell you about the ones they got wrong, but then...
Telstra has begun developing applications for Google's Android mobile operating system, starting with a video-on-demand National Rugby League (NRL) application.
LG Australia has announced two new mid-range Android smartphones -- the Optimus One and Optimus Chic -- and both run the latest 2.2 "Froyo" version of Google's Android operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
- ARM builds up security in the tiniest IoT chips
- Google is trying to reinvent the whiteboard
- Google buys eye-tracking VR firm Eyefluence
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTXamarin DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- CCTest Engineer - BankingQLD
- FTPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTJunior Java DevelopersACT
- CCSAP Lumira ConsultantWA
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantNSW
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCDefence Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCTesting Business Analyst (Gold Coast based)QLD
- CCNetwork and Security ArchitectNSW
- TPDev Ops SpecialistWA