LG has today confirmed that its flagship smartphone for 2013, the G2, will go on sale in Australia from Monday, 4 November, exclusively through Optus.
Google has slashed the price of its Nexus 4 Android smartphone by $100 in Australia, fuelling suggestions the device is due for an upgrade in the near future.
Google Play gift cards are now on sale through Woolworths supermarkets and Big W department stores across Australia, Ausdroid has confirmed.
Huawei has unveiled its Ascend Mate Android smartphone in Australia, with the 6.1in-screen device set to go on sale from Saturday 20 April.
While it's important to remember that the use of Google Android software in the enterprise is still a comparatively young phenomenon, there are a few general guidelines that businesses looking to use the platform would do well to remember.
HTC's new One smartphone takes 220 minutes or almost four hours to manufacture, according to a company executive.
With last week's launch of the Galaxy S 4, Samsung made the kind of splash that most non-Apple smartphone makers can only dream of. The company's glitzy reveal -- complete with tap dancing, theatrical sketches and a full pit orchestra -- drew critici...
Optus will exclusively launch the HTC Rhyme Android phone in Australia on 1 November. Described as "elegant" and clearly marketed towards women, the Rhyme includes a charm accessory that glows when you receive a call or text message.
LG has announced it will be the first manufacturer to launch a 3D smartphone, the LG Optimus 3D.
Telstra has published a post on its exchange blog, noticed by Ausdroid, hinting that the telco may launch Motorola's Atrix Android smartphone in Australia.
Motorola has just announced the release of the first ruggedised Android smartphone, the Motorola Defy.
Defending its sources as "multiple" and "trusted," tech blog Engadget's gone on the defensive, claiming the PlayStation Phone is indeed real and citing a few scoops they got right. Of course they won't tell you about the ones they got wrong, but then...
Telstra has begun developing applications for Google's Android mobile operating system, starting with a video-on-demand National Rugby League (NRL) application.
LG Australia has announced two new mid-range Android smartphones -- the Optimus One and Optimus Chic -- and both run the latest 2.2 "Froyo" version of Google's Android operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Java Analyst / AdministratorACT
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW