A certain iPad 2 may be set to launch this Friday, but that hasn't stopped ViewSonic, the Taiwan-based manufacturer of notebooks and monitors, from announcing that its ViewPad 10s Android tablet is now available nationally from Harvey Norman retail s...
Apple CEO Steve Jobs said this morning at the unveiling of the iPad 2 that "we think 2011 is going to be the year of iPad 2." According to research firm Ovum, Jobs is underselling himself by a few years.
The launch of the first Android Honeycomb tablet is becoming a disaster, as Adobe runs damage control on the news that Motorola's Xoom tablet will ship without Flash support.
ViewSonic has unveiled the world's first dual-SIM Android smartphone, the V350.
Thanks to a global arrangement with Samsung, Vodafone will be the exclusive seller of the flagship Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet in Australia.
Motorola's highly anticipated Xoom Android tablet finally has a launch date and pricing details (at least in the US), with the much hyped tablet hitting the shelves on 24 February for US$799.
Android 3.0 -- or "Honeycomb" -- is the first version of Google's mobile platform optimised for use on tablets. Until now, users of Android tablets have had to use an interface designed for much smaller screens, or, in some cases, a user-interface ov...
LG has announced the launch of its G-Slate Android tablet, which will run Google Android's 3.0 Honeycomb software specifically designed for larger screened tablet devices.
We love a good rumour or leak, and this time it's Samsung's plans for its Mobile World Congress (MWC) announcement in Barcelona next month.
LogMeIn has announced a new version of its LogMeIn Ignition remote access app that has been optimised for tablets running Google's Android operating system.
NEC will show a dual-screen tablet computer based on Google's Android operating system at January's International Consumer Electronics Show.
ViewSonic is the latest manufacturer to announce the launch of a new tablet device that will compete with the popular Apple iPad.
Vodafone this afternoon released pricing details for Samsung's Galaxy Tab Android tablet, which will go on sale tomorrow.
Samsung's Galaxy Tab, a 7in Android tablet that will compete with Apple's iPad, will launch in Australia next week and will come preloaded with full turn-by-turn navigation capabilities.
In the largest survey on tablet devices to be undertaken in Australia, GfK Australia has found that 188,000 tablets have been purchased in the last six months, with the majority of these being Apple iPads.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
- Will NBN be the biggest loser in Saturday’s Federal Election?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD