Samsung has today announced the launch of a Android tablet specifically designed for children, the Galaxy Tab 3 Kids.
LG says its new G Pad 8.3 Android tablet will not compete directly with Apple's iPad mini, despite having a similar screen size and price tag.
Google has just launched the Nexus 5 smartphone and might have shown off a Nexus 8 tablet on it's Android 4.4 KitKat site.
Android tablets may be on the rise in China, but that hasn't stopped Beijing resident Fu Zheng from buying Apple's latest iPad product. He was among the first to get his hands on the device on Friday when Apple launched the iPad Air at one of its loc...
Samsung Electronics has signed a 10-year supply agreement with Corning, the maker of Gorilla Glass, to ensure access to all of Corning's existing and future technologies.
Consumers outside of China don't think of Lenovo much beyond laptops, but in that country the company has a wide reach including a growing line of mobile devices. Explore the hidden -- and larger -- side of Lenovo in this slideshow
Google has officially opened online sales of its new Nexus 7 Android tablet through the Google Play Store, and has also begun selling the 4G model.
Dozens of tablets, some priced as low as US$99, are expected out by year's end running on new Intel Atom processors, which began shipping Wednesday.
A smart watch from Samsung Electronics, an Acer smartphone that can shoot 4K video and a Sony one with a 20-megapixel sensor, plus a plethora of tablets and TVs are all expected at this year's IFA consumer electronics show.
Google has today begun selling its new Nexus 7 in selected Australian retail stores, but has not yet opened online sales through the Google Play Store.
The market share of Apple's iPad fell dramatically in China during the second quarter as a result of competition from Android tablets made by little-known "white box" vendors.
ASUS has today announced the launch of its MeMo Pad HD 7 Android tablet in Australia, with the device available now for $199.
German supermarket chain Aldi will sell an 8in Android tablet with 3G capabilities for $169 from Wednesday, 21 August, it has advertised.
Intel's 10-inch and 7-inch Android tablet designs are now available to manufacturers, and the resulting products could rekindle a long rivalry in the education market with One Laptop Per Child, whose first Android tablet became available in July.
Taiwanese PC maker Asus plans to launch new tablets in its Transformer and MeMO Pad lines of Android tablets later this year as it aims to build up its brand in the tablet space alongside the Google Nexus 7 series.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
- Shopping goes high tech and hassle-free with new Intel technology
- Raspberry Pi's new computer for industrial applications goes on sale
- Social networks let the rich buy influence
- 5G spectrum squatting case ends in $100M FCC fine
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- CCSenior Transition and Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- TPService Deliver ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- CCProject AdministratorSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- TPJunior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTApplications Sales ExecutiveWA