Australia's largest Member motorists association, NRMA, is offering a free Android tablet to customers who join, upgrade or renew on its premium roadside assistance package, but the device is outdated and has low-end specifications.
Intel has posted information on its website about new tablets for the education market with 10-inch and 7-inch screens, Atom chips and the Android OS code-named Jellybean.
An Android tablet brought back from North Korea by a tourist has provided a glimpse at some of the restrictions placed on IT users in the famously secretive country.
Vodafone has announced that it will sell the Huawei MediaPad 10 Link 4G Android tablet in Australia from August, claiming it will be the "fastest tablet in Australia".
Images of what appears to be Google's second-generation Nexus 7 Android tablet have been leaked online, suggesting an official launch of the device is not too far away.
Samsung has today announced the impending launch of its Galaxy Tab 3 range of Android tablets in 10.1in, 8in and 7in models, claiming the array of size options will not confuse consumers but instead offer them choice.
As mobile device shipments overtake those of PCs, cross-platform tool developer Xamarin hopes to get more enterprises to adapt their apps for Android and iOS with the help of its .Net Mobility Scanner.
After remaining quiet on the hardware front for years, Amazon.com's China business has finally brought the company's Kindle tablet and Kindle e-reader to the country.
New Windows PCs have always been the main attraction at Computex, the annual trade show in Taipei. But notable on the show floor this year is the growing presence of Google's Android OS, which is creeping into more and more tablets, televisions, set-...
Samsung has confirmed it will release its new Galaxy Tab 3 range of tablets in Australia "later this year" but has refused to confirm pricing or exact availability details.
Asus has fired another shot in the Android tablet price war, putting the starting price for the Asus Memo Pad FHD7 at US$129.
Samsung Electronics has extended its Galaxy Tab 3 line-up with 8-inch and 10.1-inch models with dual-core processors and extensive support for LTE networks.
Asus has unveiled its Transformer Book Trio at Computex 2013. The firm is calling the device, which runs Windows and Android, a cross between a PC, laptop and tablet.
Nvidia is usually trumpeting the graphics performance of its Tegra 4 chip, but at the Computex trade show on Tuesday CEO Jen-Hsun Huang showed how its newest processor can be used to create a precise, affordable stylus for tablets.
The company that brought us the PadFone, an all-in-one smartphone, tablet and laptop device, is thinking a bit bigger. Taiwan's Asustek Computer has now combined a tablet, smartphone and desktop PC into a single product that it calls the Transformer ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AI should enhance, not replace, humans, say CEOs of IBM and Microsoft
- Sensitive access tokens and keys found in hundreds of Android apps
- Microsoft's first tethered Windows 10 VR headsets to ship in March
- Terrorists are winning the digital arms race, experts say
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCITCM Technical Specialist - SydneyNSW
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTChief Information Security OfficerNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW