Google continues to hone Android's security capabilities, with features in the Android N upgrade due this fall prefaced by the Android for Work security apparatus and other security updates in last year's Android Marshmallow release.
At Google I/O, we got a glimpse at what Google's hoping manufactures will do with its open source OS.
What's coming this fall in the next major release of Android Wear.
Many alternative mobile operating systems like Firefox have fallen by the wayside while Android and iOS continue to dominate, but Samsung's Tizen has survived.
The latest update lets you view notifications, read new emails, and reply to messages from the comfort of your wrist.
HTC has unveiled its new HTC 10 flagship phone. Carved out of a solid block of aluminium the 5.2in display sits behind a layer of glass that covers the entire front. Key features include 24-bit audio, a double-optical-image-stabilized-camera-system, ...
BlackBerry has stopped producing phones with its in-house operating system as the company focuses on a more secure Android.
The global partnership between Vogue and Huawei has arrived in Australia at an event in Sydney where the two companies launched Huawei’s new smartwatch collection designed for females.
You can get in line now for a chance at the beta build, which is set to undergo four to eight weeks of testing.
The Android platform is under fire from cybercriminals in an escalation of attacks that may soon see iOS in danger of similar levels of malicious action according to research from IT security company, Check Point.
Google has released 16 patches for Android, including one for a critical remote execution vulnerability in the operating system's mediaserver.
Ransomware has become a real scourge for consumers, businesses and even government institutions. Unfortunately, there's no end in sight, so here's what you should know.
Telstra consumer mobile or fixed broadband customers can redeem a 200GB Microsoft OneDrive storage subscription valid for two years, free of charge.
Samsung has announced its next-generation flagship smartphones - the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge running Android 6 (Marshmallow). Both phones look strikingly similar to last year's models (the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge), but include features like...
A new kind of Android malware can steal online banking credentials and hold a device's files hostage for ransom, delivering a particularly nasty one-two punch.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- This autonomous boat is trying to cross an ocean using only solar power
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW