Intel claims it has readied Android 4.0 for smartphones and tablets based on its upcoming Atom processor code-named Medfield, raising the possibility of Intel-inside handheld devices being released next year with the new OS.
Many smartphone users are wondering whether their Android, Nokia and BlackBerry devices are spying on them after security researcher Trevor Eckhart recently claimed that a piece of diagnostic software on the phones was acting like malware.
Google's open-source Android 4.0 operating system for smartphones and tablets has been ported to work with x86 processors, a member of an open-source project involved in the effort said this week.
If you have a Kindle Fire, and you've rooted the tablet to install Android Market apps and make other adjustments, prepare to do it all over again: the latest Kindle Fire software update, version 6.2, removes root access from the device.
New phones and tablets with Android 4.0, a.k.a. Ice Cream Sandwich, are just around the corner, and carriers are also announcing which current models will be upgradable, most likely in early 2012.
HTC has won a case in the U.S. that alleged the Taiwanese smartphone maker had infringed on several digital camera patents controlled by FlashPoint Technology.
What happens if you take the RAZR design and add a slide-out QWERTY keyboard? Meet the Motorola Droid 4, the latest recruit in the Android army, breaking cover this weekend via leaked photos from Droid Life.
Motorola is bringing the concept for its Droid Razr smartphone to China's largest mobile carrier in a new handset, but has done so with a thicker casing in order to contain a more powerful camera and higher resolution screen.
Samsung will update the Galaxy Nexus as soon as possible to fix an issue that is causing problems with sound volume, the company said on Wednesday.
This year the number of operators that have implemented HD Voice has almost tripled, and more phones are also compatible with the technology, according to a report by industry organization GSA (Global mobile Suppliers Association).
The U.S. International Trade Commission has determined that Apple did not infringe technology patents owned by S3 Graphics and ended its investigation of the matter, the ITC announced Monday.
Adobe's plans to stop developing mobile Flash Player will have to wait a little longer, as the company works on bringing Flash to Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
Some of Taiwan's smaller manufacturers said they were relieved to see Google release the source code for its Android 4.0 operating system, after being cut out of the picture with its previous Honeycomb version.
App developers are rapidly losing interest in RIM's BlackBerry platform and setting their sights on the new big three, Apple, Android and Windows 7, a survey has found.
Orange launched three Alcatel One Touch phones on Wednesday with dedicated Facebook buttons priced below €100 (US$135).
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's disjointed OS strategy poses a hurdle for users
- Nostalgia rules as classic phone brands come alive at MWC
- Samsung mulls iris scanners on smartphones to log into Windows PCs
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Book, a Windows 10 tablet aimed at the Surface-curious
- Huawei's P10 camera-phone comes in more colors than the rainbow
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPMaster SchedulerNSW
- CCProject / Portfolio SchedulerNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTChange Manager - Large Transition ProjectNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - Wealth AdviceNSW
- TPSenior Analyst Programmer - ContractQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPIT Project Manager - Office relocationVIC
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- CCTest Planner - Infrastructure/Data CentreACT
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - Six Sigma Black BeltVIC
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTData Conversion LeadNSW
- FTSenior ITIL Service AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTHead of ApplicationsVIC
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- FTData AnalystQLD