Owners of HTC phones will have to wait until early 2012 for their device's mobile OS to be upgraded to Google’s Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.
Early next year, seven smartphones from HTC will be upgraded to Android 4.0, also known as Ice Cream Sandwich, the company said on Monday.
Intel and MIPS Technologies expect the next version of Google's mobile operating system, Android 4.0, to soon run on tablets and smartphones based on their processors.
HTC on Thursday introduced a Rezound smartphone that will ship ready to upgrade to Android 4.0.
Phones and tablets loaded with the Android 4.0 operating system start arriving in stores soon, but when will existing phones get the update and wich models will be left out in the cold?
After reporting sales of 13.2 million smartphones during the third quarter, HTC is now the fourth largest smartphone vendor after having outpaced Research In Motion, according to market research company Canalys.
Third-quarter earnings reports from major tech vendors continued to pour in this week, confirming upbeat trends for enterprise software and emerging markets but mixed results for hardware and components.
Android is the leading smartphone platform with a diverse array of devices available from a variety of manufacturers, and from virtually every wireless carrier. As capable as the Android OS might be, though, its diversity is also one of its greatest ...
Nokia is betting its future on Microsoft’s mobile OS, and has introduced its first Windows Phone 7 device, the Lumia 800.
Over the weekend I wrote an article titled "What If Steve Jobs Is Right?" As the title implies, the post was a hypothetical look at the possibility that Steve Jobs' assertion that Android is a "stolen product" is true.
Microsoft has signed a patent agreement with Taiwan's Compal Electronics that provides coverage under its patent portfolio for Compal's tablets, mobile phones, e-readers and other consumer devices running Android or the Chrome platform, the company s...
Google has lost its appeal to keep a potentially damaging email away from the jury in the company's legal fight with Oracle over Java.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer had some nasty things to say about Google's Android operating system. But the iPhone? Not so much.
The dispute between Oracle and Google won't go to trial on Oct. 31 as initially scheduled, according to the judge overseeing the case.
From its navigation methods to fonts, Android is redesigned and refreshed in its Ice Cream Sandwich edition to meet the tastes of its users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
- US trade body investigates seven smartphone companies
- Maps of Google and other services could require security clearance in India
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCSolution Architect - JULY STARTACT
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCChange LeadACT
- CCCloud Service Solution LeadVIC
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCTest Execution ManagerVIC