If you have a Kindle Fire, and you've rooted the tablet to install Android Market apps and make other adjustments, prepare to do it all over again: the latest Kindle Fire software update, version 6.2, removes root access from the device.
New phones and tablets with Android 4.0, a.k.a. Ice Cream Sandwich, are just around the corner, and carriers are also announcing which current models will be upgradable, most likely in early 2012.
HTC has won a case in the U.S. that alleged the Taiwanese smartphone maker had infringed on several digital camera patents controlled by FlashPoint Technology.
What happens if you take the RAZR design and add a slide-out QWERTY keyboard? Meet the Motorola Droid 4, the latest recruit in the Android army, breaking cover this weekend via leaked photos from Droid Life.
Motorola is bringing the concept for its Droid Razr smartphone to China's largest mobile carrier in a new handset, but has done so with a thicker casing in order to contain a more powerful camera and higher resolution screen.
Samsung will update the Galaxy Nexus as soon as possible to fix an issue that is causing problems with sound volume, the company said on Wednesday.
This year the number of operators that have implemented HD Voice has almost tripled, and more phones are also compatible with the technology, according to a report by industry organization GSA (Global mobile Suppliers Association).
The U.S. International Trade Commission has determined that Apple did not infringe technology patents owned by S3 Graphics and ended its investigation of the matter, the ITC announced Monday.
Adobe's plans to stop developing mobile Flash Player will have to wait a little longer, as the company works on bringing Flash to Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
Some of Taiwan's smaller manufacturers said they were relieved to see Google release the source code for its Android 4.0 operating system, after being cut out of the picture with its previous Honeycomb version.
App developers are rapidly losing interest in RIM's BlackBerry platform and setting their sights on the new big three, Apple, Android and Windows 7, a survey has found.
Orange launched three Alcatel One Touch phones on Wednesday with dedicated Facebook buttons priced below €100 (US$135).
Samsung became the biggest smartphone vendor in the world during the third quarter, and Android's market share has surpassed 50 percent for the first time, market research company Gartner said on Tuesday as it reported on phone sales to end-users.
Smartphones and tablets are evolving from niche luxury devices to mainstream consumer gadgets. As mobile devices become a ubiquitous part of the mainstream culture, malware developers are paying attention and are anxious to exploit the fertile new te...
Do you know where your smartphone is? Unless you're using it to read PCWorld.com, your phone is probably plugged into an outlet somewhere to charge, because the battery stinks.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Baidu names former Microsoft Office head Qi Lu as its COO
- Why Linux users should worry about malware and what they can do about it
- Indian privacy case against WhatsApp gains momentum
- Intel thinks IoT will have a firm place in the stores of the future
- China tightens control over app stores
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTMedia Architect/LeadNSW
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- CCFIS Connex DeveloperQLD
- CCWebMethod DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnology Support Specialist - Multiple RolesSA
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW