Oracle said that no court has ever found that APIs for software like Java are ineligible for copyright protection, in its objection to Google's request that the court make a summary judgment on Oracle's copyright allegations.
HP's ill-fated TouchPad may be a hot commodity now that it's being offered at fire-sale prices, but those lucky enough to get their hands on one could soon find themselves with more choices than they ever imagined.
Google is hoping to head off some of the complaints Oracle has made against it by asking a California judge for permission to file summary judgment on four issues.
Nokia said Wednesday that it has entered into an agreement with Polar Mobile to launch more than 300 mobile applications for Nokia smartphones, including upcoming models based on Windows Phone, over the next 12 months.
Google's bid to acquire Motorola Mobility is a brilliant move that will stave off Android's patent attackers. Or it's act of desperation that will force Android phone makers to adopt rival platforms. Or it was simply something that Google had to do, ...
Google's interest in Motorola may really be just for the patents after all.
Samsung is again free to sell its Android-based Galaxy Tab 10.1 in all European Union countries except for Germany, after a court in Düsseldorf changed its injunction enacted last week.
In February, the mobile industry will once again head to Barcelona for Mobile World Congress (MWC), which will feature a new section focusing on different aspects of mobile marketing, show organizer GSM Association (GSMA) said on Tuesday.
Taiwanese smartphone vendor HTC plans on tripling its retail outlets in mainland China by the end of the year, bringing store numbers from 650 to 2,000.
Google is paying a premium for Motorola Mobility, the recently spun-off device maker from Motorola proper. But for the $12.5 billion it's paying, Google likely is more interested in Motorola's patents than its phones.
Google's $12.5 billion purchase of Motorola Mobility will land it a vast portfolio of patents, but the legal obstacles facing its Android operating system are far from over, legal experts said.
Google continues to argue that a damning e-mail in its battle with Oracle shouldn't be shown to jurors because it was confidential and intended to be privileged communication with an attorney.
Google's planned acquisition of Motorola Mobility will force the search giant into a whole new set of relationships with mobile operators, which could benefit the carriers but also create tension.
Google has agreed to acquire Motorola Mobility to "supercharge the Android ecosystem" and protect Android against aggressive patent litigation from competitors such as Apple and Microsoft, according to company CEO Larry Page.
With most acquisitions, there are winners and losers. Google's buy of Motorola is no different, but in this case, neither of those companies comes out a winner, analysts say. "
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
- A judge has partially dismissed Twitter's surveillance case against the US government
- Dell plus EMC has a name: Dell Technologies
- Oracle is paying US$532 million to snatch up another cloud service provider
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCService DeskWA
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCSr System AnalystACT