Google will address concerns the Korean Fair Trade Commission may have about its Android mobile platform, a company spokeswoman said Tuesday after reports emerged that South Korean government officials had raided Google offices there.
Product launches at the IFA consumer electronics fair in Berlin are giving consumers an unprecedented choice of screen sizes. But analysts are questioning whether consumers can learn to love them all.
It sports a color touch screen, looks much like a BlackBerry PlayBook and has no physical buttons on the surface of the device. And it comes at a bargain price.
As the trial date nears in Oracle's dispute with Google over Android, the judge overseeing the case is proposing a last-ditch mediation in front of a magistrate judge.
Samsung did not get the memo when Dell axed its 5-inch phone, because it has introduced its own 5.3in smartphone-tablet crossover called the Galaxy Note. The slender Android 2.3 device blurs the line between phones and tablets and comes with a bundle...
Samsung plans to make phones running VMware's mobile hypervisor technology and enterprises may be able to better manage those phones with new software from VMware, the virtualization company is announcing on Tuesday.
The start of the trial in Oracle's lawsuit against Google over alleged Java copyright and patent violations in the Android mobile OS could be delayed, according to a judge's ruling issued Monday in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Cal...
Samsung has updated its Samsung Galaxy S II smartphone and the Galaxy Tab 8.9 tablet, increasing processor speeds and adding the ability to connect to LTE (Long-Term Evolution) networks operating on three different frequency bands used in Europe.
At next week's Internationale Funkaustellung (IFA) in Berlin, smartphone makers are expected to push the boundaries of the device's screen sizes, while also launching tablets and trying to accelerate the momentum for 3D-capable products.
Google has received another setback in its vigorous efforts to keep a potentially damaging e-mail out of the lawsuit Oracle filed over alleged Java patent violations in the Android mobile OS.
Everyone who’s been grabbing the $99 and $149 HP TouchPads in the recent fire sale might not be stuck with HP's webOS.
The bounty for any developer who manages to port Android to the TouchPad is growing, <a href="http://hacknmod.com/hack/hp-touchpad-android-1500-prize/">reaching more than US$2,100</a> on Thursday, just as one effort to execute the port struggles to g...
Wacky French tech company Parrot -- the same folks who brought us the AR Drone quadricopter -- has today unveiled the world's first car stereo powered by Google's Android operating system, the Asteroid.
Lenovo’s business-orientated tablet, the ThinkPad Tablet, is now available for order and should start shipping within a week. The 10-inch Android device, which Lenovo officially announced a little more than a month ago, boasts an impressive mix of co...
As a geek and longtime tech reporter, there are few things I love writing about more than cool new technological innovations. It never ceases to amaze me what we humans can come up with, particularly when some good technology is fueling the effort.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- TPProject Manager | Sunshine Coast Location - Sea Change?QLD
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPJava Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Project AdministratorNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementQLD
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Technical LeadVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystACT