Everyone who’s been grabbing the $99 and $149 HP TouchPads in the recent fire sale might not be stuck with HP's webOS.
The bounty for any developer who manages to port Android to the TouchPad is growing, <a href="http://hacknmod.com/hack/hp-touchpad-android-1500-prize/">reaching more than US$2,100</a> on Thursday, just as one effort to execute the port struggles to g...
Wacky French tech company Parrot -- the same folks who brought us the AR Drone quadricopter -- has today unveiled the world's first car stereo powered by Google's Android operating system, the Asteroid.
Lenovo’s business-orientated tablet, the ThinkPad Tablet, is now available for order and should start shipping within a week. The 10-inch Android device, which Lenovo officially announced a little more than a month ago, boasts an impressive mix of co...
As a geek and longtime tech reporter, there are few things I love writing about more than cool new technological innovations. It never ceases to amaze me what we humans can come up with, particularly when some good technology is fueling the effort.
The lucky people who managed to buy a US$99 TouchPad before they sold out just got luckier: A group of developers is working on a way to load Android onto the tablets.
Oracle said that no court has ever found that APIs for software like Java are ineligible for copyright protection, in its objection to Google's request that the court make a summary judgment on Oracle's copyright allegations.
HP's ill-fated TouchPad may be a hot commodity now that it's being offered at fire-sale prices, but those lucky enough to get their hands on one could soon find themselves with more choices than they ever imagined.
Google is hoping to head off some of the complaints Oracle has made against it by asking a California judge for permission to file summary judgment on four issues.
Nokia said Wednesday that it has entered into an agreement with Polar Mobile to launch more than 300 mobile applications for Nokia smartphones, including upcoming models based on Windows Phone, over the next 12 months.
Google's bid to acquire Motorola Mobility is a brilliant move that will stave off Android's patent attackers. Or it's act of desperation that will force Android phone makers to adopt rival platforms. Or it was simply something that Google had to do, ...
Google's interest in Motorola may really be just for the patents after all.
Samsung is again free to sell its Android-based Galaxy Tab 10.1 in all European Union countries except for Germany, after a court in Düsseldorf changed its injunction enacted last week.
In February, the mobile industry will once again head to Barcelona for Mobile World Congress (MWC), which will feature a new section focusing on different aspects of mobile marketing, show organizer GSM Association (GSMA) said on Tuesday.
Taiwanese smartphone vendor HTC plans on tripling its retail outlets in mainland China by the end of the year, bringing store numbers from 650 to 2,000.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel is said to mull selling its security business
- Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW