Samsung plans to make phones running VMware's mobile hypervisor technology and enterprises may be able to better manage those phones with new software from VMware, the virtualization company is announcing on Tuesday.
The start of the trial in Oracle's lawsuit against Google over alleged Java copyright and patent violations in the Android mobile OS could be delayed, according to a judge's ruling issued Monday in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Cal...
Samsung has updated its Samsung Galaxy S II smartphone and the Galaxy Tab 8.9 tablet, increasing processor speeds and adding the ability to connect to LTE (Long-Term Evolution) networks operating on three different frequency bands used in Europe.
At next week's Internationale Funkaustellung (IFA) in Berlin, smartphone makers are expected to push the boundaries of the device's screen sizes, while also launching tablets and trying to accelerate the momentum for 3D-capable products.
Google has received another setback in its vigorous efforts to keep a potentially damaging e-mail out of the lawsuit Oracle filed over alleged Java patent violations in the Android mobile OS.
Everyone who’s been grabbing the $99 and $149 HP TouchPads in the recent fire sale might not be stuck with HP's webOS.
The bounty for any developer who manages to port Android to the TouchPad is growing, <a href="http://hacknmod.com/hack/hp-touchpad-android-1500-prize/">reaching more than US$2,100</a> on Thursday, just as one effort to execute the port struggles to g...
Wacky French tech company Parrot -- the same folks who brought us the AR Drone quadricopter -- has today unveiled the world's first car stereo powered by Google's Android operating system, the Asteroid.
Lenovo’s business-orientated tablet, the ThinkPad Tablet, is now available for order and should start shipping within a week. The 10-inch Android device, which Lenovo officially announced a little more than a month ago, boasts an impressive mix of co...
As a geek and longtime tech reporter, there are few things I love writing about more than cool new technological innovations. It never ceases to amaze me what we humans can come up with, particularly when some good technology is fueling the effort.
The lucky people who managed to buy a US$99 TouchPad before they sold out just got luckier: A group of developers is working on a way to load Android onto the tablets.
Oracle said that no court has ever found that APIs for software like Java are ineligible for copyright protection, in its objection to Google's request that the court make a summary judgment on Oracle's copyright allegations.
HP's ill-fated TouchPad may be a hot commodity now that it's being offered at fire-sale prices, but those lucky enough to get their hands on one could soon find themselves with more choices than they ever imagined.
Google is hoping to head off some of the complaints Oracle has made against it by asking a California judge for permission to file summary judgment on four issues.
Nokia said Wednesday that it has entered into an agreement with Polar Mobile to launch more than 300 mobile applications for Nokia smartphones, including upcoming models based on Windows Phone, over the next 12 months.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- FBI said to investigate possible hack of another Democratic Party organization
- Microsoft will cut 2,850 more jobs by the end of the year
- Trump's hacking comment rattles the cybersecurity industry
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Amazon's cloud business continues upward march
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW