Mobile-phone companies and aid agencies have talked for years about deploying feature phones, coupled with basic text information services about the weather and crop pricing, to empower poor people in undeveloped parts of the world. Now, the Grameen ...
Oracle and Google will be back in court Thursday for what's likely to be a short but significant hearing in the legal battle over Google's alleged patent infringement in Android.
Google has offered the first public indication that it may be willing to settle Oracle's lawsuit against it over the alleged infringement of Java patents in Google's Android OS.
Apple is expected to report enormous profits this quarter thanks in no small part to record iPad sales of 7.7 million units. But I'm still holding out for a better tablet.
Apple's iOS-based iPhone continues to be the preferred smartphone for nearly 50% of consumers, with Android the top choice for about one-third of them. The real surprise is evidence that Windows Phone OS now outstrips Android in user satisfaction.
In its latest phone, the Droid 3 on Verizon, Motorola put considerable thought in the specs of the phone but seems to have overlooked one important aspect: repairability.
Google has unveiled an incremental release of the Android platform featuring optimizations for a wider range of tablets and a compatibility enhancement for fixed-size applications.
Google's free-to-use operating system is increasingly imposing costs on handset developers.
Earlier this month, T-Mobile announced the latest addition to its myTouch family, the myTouch 4G Slide. The specs look pretty standard for this summer's slew of high-end smartphones: 4G connectivity, a 3.7-inch Super LCD display, Android 2.3 and a du...
As an example of the truism that specs don't always matter, the Droid 3 is it. On paper, this heir to Verizon's Motorola Droid line ($200 with a new 2-year contract as of 7/15/2011) sounded extremely promising: It has a dual-core processor, a 960-by-...
Android is a phenomenal success story -- skyrocketing from nothing to surpass both RIM and Apple and become the dominant smartphone platform in only a couple years.
A judge at the U.S. International Trade Commission has made an initial determination that HTC infringed two Apple patents, HTC said Friday.
Oracle wants to put Google CEO Larry Page on the hot seat in the companies' intellectual property lawsuit over the Android mobile operating system, according to a court filing made late Thursday by the companies.
Until this year, Google Ventures partner Rich Miner recommended to mobile application startups funded by his company that they start out by developing for Apple's iOS rather than Android.
Google is launching on Tuesday a redesigned Android Market client for phones that is intended to better showcase top applications and features an improved UI and faster downloading of products.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Amazon's cloud business continues upward march
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
- Google lets third parties extend its productivity software on Android
- Long-running malvertising campaign infected thousands of computers per day
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD