Sun Microsystems offered to license its Java technology to Google for $US100 million, a Google attorney said, attempting to show that Oracle is out of touch as it seeks billions from Google for patent infringement.
After announcing smartphones with a dedicated Facebook button, HTC is trying the same formula in China. This time it will have a button connecting to one of the country's largest Twitter-like services in the country.
Research In Motion may be getting close to releasing the Android app player it promised for the PlayBook, judging from an old version of the player found on the BlackBerry.com website.
T-Mobile is hoping to make it easier for businesses to use Android phones by reselling secure e-mail services from Good Technology.
Mobile-phone companies and aid agencies have talked for years about deploying feature phones, coupled with basic text information services about the weather and crop pricing, to empower poor people in undeveloped parts of the world. Now, the Grameen ...
Oracle and Google will be back in court Thursday for what's likely to be a short but significant hearing in the legal battle over Google's alleged patent infringement in Android.
Google has offered the first public indication that it may be willing to settle Oracle's lawsuit against it over the alleged infringement of Java patents in Google's Android OS.
Apple is expected to report enormous profits this quarter thanks in no small part to record iPad sales of 7.7 million units. But I'm still holding out for a better tablet.
Apple's iOS-based iPhone continues to be the preferred smartphone for nearly 50% of consumers, with Android the top choice for about one-third of them. The real surprise is evidence that Windows Phone OS now outstrips Android in user satisfaction.
In its latest phone, the Droid 3 on Verizon, Motorola put considerable thought in the specs of the phone but seems to have overlooked one important aspect: repairability.
Google has unveiled an incremental release of the Android platform featuring optimizations for a wider range of tablets and a compatibility enhancement for fixed-size applications.
Google's free-to-use operating system is increasingly imposing costs on handset developers.
Earlier this month, T-Mobile announced the latest addition to its myTouch family, the myTouch 4G Slide. The specs look pretty standard for this summer's slew of high-end smartphones: 4G connectivity, a 3.7-inch Super LCD display, Android 2.3 and a du...
As an example of the truism that specs don't always matter, the Droid 3 is it. On paper, this heir to Verizon's Motorola Droid line ($200 with a new 2-year contract as of 7/15/2011) sounded extremely promising: It has a dual-core processor, a 960-by-...
Android is a phenomenal success story -- skyrocketing from nothing to surpass both RIM and Apple and become the dominant smartphone platform in only a couple years.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
- Renewable energy represented more than half of all new power capacity in '15
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- FTCRM ConsultantWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- CCNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTMid Level Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- FTHead of Information and Digital Technology at Taronga ZooNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- FTChief Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (Lotus Notes) 161101/SITA/571Asia
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FTIT Operations ManagerNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- TPOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTGraduate Software Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC