A judge at the U.S. International Trade Commission has made an initial determination that HTC infringed two Apple patents, HTC said Friday.
Oracle wants to put Google CEO Larry Page on the hot seat in the companies' intellectual property lawsuit over the Android mobile operating system, according to a court filing made late Thursday by the companies.
Until this year, Google Ventures partner Rich Miner recommended to mobile application startups funded by his company that they start out by developing for Apple's iOS rather than Android.
Google is launching on Tuesday a redesigned Android Market client for phones that is intended to better showcase top applications and features an improved UI and faster downloading of products.
Oracle this week filed what is likely the first of several requests that the patent office reconsider its initial rejection of a patent relevant to Oracle's legal dispute with Google.
Will handset makers maintain their dedication to Android if they have to pay to license it? That's the question experts following Google's battle with Oracle are asking, and some of them think the answer is no.
Most Android tablets currently on the market appear to scream "me too". Samsung appears to be trying to change these similarities with its upcoming Galaxy Tab 10.1.
You read last week's Backspin (you did, didn't you?) so you'll know it included a riposte from my old friend and verbal sparring partner, Winn Schwartau, to my April column "Curse you, users."
Texas Instruments on Tuesday said its OMAP chip had been certified to unlock full 1080p movies from Netflix for smartphones and tablets based on Google's Android 2.3 operating system.
Google has asked a California court to throw out the testimony of an expert witness who said Google should pay Oracle as much as US$6 billion for allegedly infringing on Java patents and copyright.
Samsung should send a thank you note to Apple for holding back the iPhone 5 release until September.
Microsoft signed two deals this week with companies that agreed to pay royalties for technology used in Android devices, following a similar deal the software giant made with HTC last year.
Apple's iOS and Google's Android smartphone platforms are more secure than traditional desktop-based operating systems, but are still susceptible to many existing categories of attacks, according to<a href="http://www.symantec.com/about/news/release/...
U.S. video streaming service Hulu is expanding its reach to Android, but the <a href="http://blog.hulu.com/2011/06/22/hulu-plus-begins-android-roll-out/">app only works on six smartphones</a> so far, the company said in a blog post on Wednesday.
TDC, Telenor, TeliaSonera and Three are cooperating on the launch of a digital wallet service based on NFC (Near Field Communications) in Denmark, the operators said on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
- Dick Smith closes doors for the last time (+4 photos)
- Google, Fiat Chrysler to collaborate on self-driving minivans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCService DeskWA
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCTechnical WriterACT