Xiaomi is hoping the well-equipped Mi 4i will help the company grab a larger smartphone market share, but it's still holding off entering the U.S, and Europe.
Sony's decision to launch its new high-end smartphone, the Xperia Z4, only in Japan, shows its hesitancy about this market and puts into question its commitment to it.
Following lavish global launches from Samsung and HTC comes the quiet unveiling of Sony’s Xperia Z4 flagship in its home country of Japan.
Sony has announced its new flagship smartphone, the Xperia Z4, that will ship in summer in the Japanese market.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 is now the benchmark for high-end smartphones running Android, but there are lots of challengers, including the new P8 from Huawei Technologies.
Microsoft's mobile apps will be integrated into a future version of Cyanogen's Android-based operating system, as CEO Satya Nadella steps up efforts to make the company's software more popular on Google's platform.
Huawei Technologies is betting its all-metal P8 and the P8max will help the company make further inroads into the high end of the smartphone market.
LG Electronics is recruiting an army of social media users to test and talk up the company's new G4 smartphone ahead of its official launch on April 28.
Samsung Electronics expects first quarter profits to drop by more than 30 percent, marking the sixth straight quarterly decline at the company, which is struggling to compete with Apple at the top of the smartphone market.
Samsung has taken issue with a stress test that showed the Galaxy Edge S6's frame bending and screen cracking under applied pressure, saying a smartphone wouldn't experience such force in normal use.
LG Electronics is expected to introduce its next high-end smartphone on April 28, and has hinted that the back of the device will be covered in leather.
Hoping to make a mark in the increasingly competitive mobile payment sector, Vodafone will soon let users of its Wallet service pay for goods via contactless terminals with a Visa bank card stored on their Android smartphones.
Not to be outdone by the iPhone 6 Plus, Chinese vendor ZTE has come out with its own high-end phablet, the Nubia Z9 Max -- an aluminum smartphone with a feature-packed camera.
HTC's flagship One M9 smartphone will be available in the U.S. from Friday, with an unlocked version selling for US$649.
Google is adding a feature to Android's smart lock that could significantly cut down on the number of times users need to enter a passcode to unlock their phones while they are out and about.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService Desk Tier 3 EngineerQLD
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerACT
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- CCSecurity EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- CCAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTProcess Analysts, Wealth ManagementVIC
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Team LeadACT
- CCLevel 1 Help Desk - Immediate Start!QLD
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- CCSenior Digital DesignerVIC
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- FTNetwork EngineerVIC