A U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee has approved a bill that would add new requirements before a government agency ends its oversight of ICANN, the coordinator of the Internet's domain name system.
The U.S. House of Representatives has passed a bill to permanently extend a 17-year moratorium on taxing Internet access and other online services.
A group of U.S. lawmakers has reintroduced legislation aimed at encouraging government agencies to give up their spectrum by allowing the agencies to share in the profits when the spectrum is auctioned to commercial mobile carriers.
The net neutrality debate in the U.S. over the past year has been filled with hyperbole, speculation and questionable claims, coming from both sides of the debate.
The U.S. Congress should pass net neutrality legislation that overturns proposed rules at the Federal Communications Commission so that the protections survive over the long term, some opponents of the FCC approach said.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- CCSenior Project EngineerACT
- CCApplication Support Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCResource/ Workforce AnalystNSW
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC