Spam fell to less than 50 per cent of all email in June, the lowest in a decade, Symantec said in its latest Intelligence Report.
Romania and Panama, two of the world's notable sources of spam, now have fewer computers producing it, according to security vendor Cloudmark.
Computers in more than 50 countries are infected with a new version of Pushdo, a spamming botnet that has been around since 2007 and survived several attempts to shut it down.
A group of companies that allegedly promised mobile phone users supposedly free gift cards and electronic devices in a "massive" text-messaging spam operation will pay more than US$9 million to settle complaints from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission...
Microsoft has backtracked on a plan to stop sending email-based notifications about security bulletins starting this month.
Good citizens of technological America, this story is not for you.
Tami asked the Antivirus & Security Software forum why friends are receiving spam that appears to come from her.
PDF files are one of the most common, and most trusted document formats out there. However, that trust, combined with the cross-platform use of PDFs makes the Adobe file format one of the most targeted and exploited by malicious attacks as well.
Most of us don't like paying for antivirus (AV) software, but at least home users can rely on one of the free options, such as Microsoft Security Essentials, avast!, or AVG Free.
Security researchers have shown that carefully crafted text messages sent to cell phones via short message service (SMS) can cause them to shutdown without the knowledge of the owner.
Spam. It fills our in-boxes, wastes our time and spreads malware -- and it's only getting worse. According to Ferris Research, which studies messaging and content control, 40 trillion spam messages will be sent in 2008, costing businesses more than U...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the U.S. government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
- A judge has partially dismissed Twitter's surveillance case against the US government
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD