Spam fell to less than 50 per cent of all email in June, the lowest in a decade, Symantec said in its latest Intelligence Report.
Romania and Panama, two of the world's notable sources of spam, now have fewer computers producing it, according to security vendor Cloudmark.
Computers in more than 50 countries are infected with a new version of Pushdo, a spamming botnet that has been around since 2007 and survived several attempts to shut it down.
A group of companies that allegedly promised mobile phone users supposedly free gift cards and electronic devices in a "massive" text-messaging spam operation will pay more than US$9 million to settle complaints from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission...
Microsoft has backtracked on a plan to stop sending email-based notifications about security bulletins starting this month.
Good citizens of technological America, this story is not for you.
Tami asked the Antivirus & Security Software forum why friends are receiving spam that appears to come from her.
PDF files are one of the most common, and most trusted document formats out there. However, that trust, combined with the cross-platform use of PDFs makes the Adobe file format one of the most targeted and exploited by malicious attacks as well.
Most of us don't like paying for antivirus (AV) software, but at least home users can rely on one of the free options, such as Microsoft Security Essentials, avast!, or AVG Free.
Security researchers have shown that carefully crafted text messages sent to cell phones via short message service (SMS) can cause them to shutdown without the knowledge of the owner.
Spam. It fills our in-boxes, wastes our time and spreads malware -- and it's only getting worse. According to Ferris Research, which studies messaging and content control, 40 trillion spam messages will be sent in 2008, costing businesses more than U...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Move over Skylake: An Asus PC with Intel's Kaby Lake chip is coming in Q3
- Nvidia chief downplays challenge from Google’s AI chip
- Flaw in popular WordPress plug-in Jetpack puts over a million websites at risk
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Australia lagging decades behind in cyber security efforts: ACCS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle/Web) 160603/SA/871Asia
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- CCNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCMobile LI SMEVIC
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCSenior Sharepoint DeveloperACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW