Spam fell to less than 50 per cent of all email in June, the lowest in a decade, Symantec said in its latest Intelligence Report.
Romania and Panama, two of the world's notable sources of spam, now have fewer computers producing it, according to security vendor Cloudmark.
Computers in more than 50 countries are infected with a new version of Pushdo, a spamming botnet that has been around since 2007 and survived several attempts to shut it down.
A group of companies that allegedly promised mobile phone users supposedly free gift cards and electronic devices in a "massive" text-messaging spam operation will pay more than US$9 million to settle complaints from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission...
Microsoft has backtracked on a plan to stop sending email-based notifications about security bulletins starting this month.
The Spamhaus Project will soon publish two new data feeds intended to prevent people from being lured to malware-infected websites and domains.
Law enforcement agencies in 111 countries collaborated to disrupt thousands of online pharmacies in what Interpol claims was the largest ever global operation targeting organized criminal networks that sell fake medicines.
In an attempt to block email spoofing attacks on yahoo.com addresses, Yahoo began imposing a stricter email validation policy that unfortunately breaks the usual workflow on legitimate mailing lists.
U.K. mobile network operators EE, O2, Three and Vodafone have teamed up with the U.K. Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) to try to stop and punish companies that are sending spam text messages.
After about a week-and-a-half, Google finished unclogging a backlog of legitimate messages its Postini spam filter trapped by mistake at the end of February.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has filed a complaint against a website operator that allegedly sent spam intended to trick consumers into signing up for health insurance in advance of the rollout of the Affordable Care Act.
Snapchat added an image-based security challenge to its account registration process to verify that new accounts are created by humans, but the system can easily be defeated by computers, experts said.
You have to give spammers credit for effort: Symantec found a spam campaign that manages to abuse three Web services at the same time.
Spammers targeted hospitality-related business listings on Google services, modifying links in what appeared to be an attempt to drive traffic to a hotel bookings site.
The Internet Archive, the online repository of millions of digitized books, wants to shield its readers from other's prying eyes -- like the government's.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- 3 ways to improve your sales this Mother’s Day
- Businesses can now buy apps in bulk from the Windows Store
- Apple partners with SAP in new enterprise push
- Newer Wi-Fi's faster, but it needs a fast wire behind it
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTDesktop Support Technician - onsite Corporate officesVIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Manual)NSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC