Wednesday's antitrust settlement between Intel and the U.S. Federal Trade Commission sends a strong message to IT companies not to exploit their dominance in a way that squashes competition or deprives consumers of choice, industry observers said.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission will announce an antitrust settlement Wednesday in its investigation of chip-maker Intel, the agency said.
A former executive from LCD maker Chi Mei has agreed to plead guilty and serve jail time in the U.S. for participating in a global conspiracy to fix prices of thin-film transistor-liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) panels, the U.S. Department of Justic...
Cisco Systems has settled a 2008 lawsuit in which independent network maintenance company Multiven charged that Cisco forced customers to buy its SMARTnet service plan in order to get bug fixes and software updates.
A legal battle is brewing between Microsoft and Google for control of Japan's lucrative search market.
A court-appointed special master has rejected class-action status in an antitrust lawsuit against Intel, determining that the plaintiffs failed to show that PC buyers were harmed by discounts Intel offered to manufacturers.
Yahoo Japan's decision to replace Microsoft with Google as its main search partner has been met with protest from Microsoft, which called the deal "anticompetitive."
The European Commission announced on Monday that it will begin formal investigations into allegations that IBM has abused its dominant position in the mainframe server market.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has extended settlement talks with Intel in the agency's antitrust investigation into the chip maker's treatment of its rivals.
A lawsuit against Apple and AT&T Mobility will proceed as a class action, following a ruling in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California on Thursday, court documents show.
Versata Software lodged a complaint against SAP with the European Commission on Tuesday, claiming that the vendor illegally blocked it from selling its pricing software to SAP customers.
HannStar Display, a Taiwanese maker of liquid crystal displays (LCDs), has agreed to plead guilty and pay a US$30 million fine for participating in a global conspiracy to fix prices of the displays, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Thirty-three states, including California, have reached a US$173 million settlement with six DRAM makers alleged to have fixed prices for their products between 1998 and 2002, California Attorney General Edmund "Jerry" Brown Jr. announced.
U.S. regulators are planning to investigate whether Apple is shutting out third parties such as Google and Microsoft in advertising the iPhone and iPad, according to a report published by the Financial Times on Thursday.
Apple is attempting to avoid an <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/195444/feds_eye_apple_for_antitrust_probe.html">antitrust probe into its trade practices</a> by revising some of the terms of its developer agreement, according to reports. It's...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- CCWeb Content WriterSA