Hotel reservation site Booking.com has offered to settle antitrust cases brought against it in Sweden, France and Italy, and on Monday antitrust authorities invited hotels to give their views on the settlement.
The past is coming back to haunt Apple, as a nearly 10-year-old class-action antitrust lawsuit accusing the company of trying to monopolize online music distribution is headed to trial.
U.S. lawmakers want their counterparts in the European Parliament to back away from a resolution that would split up Google by separating search engines from other online services.
Members of the European Parliament are readying a motion calling for the break-up of Google, by separating its search engine functionality from other commercial services, according to news reports.
To get up to speed with the Google antitrust investigation, the EU's new antitrust Commissioner wants to talk to parties that are directly affected by the case.
A former employee of Oracle has sued the company for allegedly conspiring with Google to prevent poaching of certain categories of managers from each other, in a bid to keep salaries low.
Google considers Amazon.com as its biggest search competitor, ahead of traditional rivals like Yahoo and Bing, as people looking to buy something are more likely to search on the online retailer's website.
A European Commission investigation into whether telecom operators were throttling Internet traffic in order to gain an unfair advantage over rivals has turned up no smoking guns, but one of the companies that prompted the probe isn't happy with the ...
Facebook's US$19 billion bid for WhatsApp won the approval of European Union competition regulator on Friday.
Google has to improve its settlement terms in an antitrust investigation over its search practices or face charges, following opposition from some quarters to the deal, the European Commission's competition chief Joaquin Almunia said Tuesday.
Qualcomm is being urged by a top Chinese regulator to make money in the country in tandem with its local partners.
A European antitrust probe into Google's search practices will be extended through October, into the term of the next European Commission, a Commissions spokesman said.
Apparently affected by the strong blowback to its proposed settlement with Google over antitrust concerns, the European Commission is planning to seek more concessions than the company has granted to date.
European periodical and online publishers have urged the European Commission to reject Google's latest proposal to settle an antitrust case.
Smart card producers Samsung Electronics, Philips and Infineon were fined €138 million (about US$181 million) by the European Commission on Wednesday for forming a cartel. Renesas, also part of the cartel, escaped a fine by revealing the existence of...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA