Hotel reservation site Booking.com has offered to settle antitrust cases brought against it in Sweden, France and Italy, and on Monday antitrust authorities invited hotels to give their views on the settlement.
The past is coming back to haunt Apple, as a nearly 10-year-old class-action antitrust lawsuit accusing the company of trying to monopolize online music distribution is headed to trial.
U.S. lawmakers want their counterparts in the European Parliament to back away from a resolution that would split up Google by separating search engines from other online services.
Members of the European Parliament are readying a motion calling for the break-up of Google, by separating its search engine functionality from other commercial services, according to news reports.
To get up to speed with the Google antitrust investigation, the EU's new antitrust Commissioner wants to talk to parties that are directly affected by the case.
A former employee of Oracle has sued the company for allegedly conspiring with Google to prevent poaching of certain categories of managers from each other, in a bid to keep salaries low.
Google considers Amazon.com as its biggest search competitor, ahead of traditional rivals like Yahoo and Bing, as people looking to buy something are more likely to search on the online retailer's website.
A European Commission investigation into whether telecom operators were throttling Internet traffic in order to gain an unfair advantage over rivals has turned up no smoking guns, but one of the companies that prompted the probe isn't happy with the ...
Facebook's US$19 billion bid for WhatsApp won the approval of European Union competition regulator on Friday.
Google has to improve its settlement terms in an antitrust investigation over its search practices or face charges, following opposition from some quarters to the deal, the European Commission's competition chief Joaquin Almunia said Tuesday.
Qualcomm is being urged by a top Chinese regulator to make money in the country in tandem with its local partners.
A European antitrust probe into Google's search practices will be extended through October, into the term of the next European Commission, a Commissions spokesman said.
Apparently affected by the strong blowback to its proposed settlement with Google over antitrust concerns, the European Commission is planning to seek more concessions than the company has granted to date.
European periodical and online publishers have urged the European Commission to reject Google's latest proposal to settle an antitrust case.
Smart card producers Samsung Electronics, Philips and Infineon were fined €138 million (about US$181 million) by the European Commission on Wednesday for forming a cartel. Renesas, also part of the cartel, escaped a fine by revealing the existence of...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC
- CCProgram Portfolio LeadVIC
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW