Despite competitors and politicians lining up to complain about Google, the EU’s Competition Commissioner on Tuesday defended his decision to settle an antitrust case against the search giant.
Europe’s top competition watchdog confirmed Thursday that it had received yet another formal complaint against Google.
India's antitrust agency has initiated an inquiry into Google's termination of an AdWords account with a remote technology support business, after allegations that it was done to promote the Internet giant's own services in the area.
The U.S. Department of Justice would prohibit eBay from entering into agreements with other tech firms to not recruit each other's employees, in a settlement announced by the agency Thursday.
The four remaining defendants in Silicon Valley's closely watched employee hiring case -- Google, Apple, Adobe and Intel -- have agreed to a settlement, according to a new court filing.
After dragging its feet for months, Apple is finally making good progress on a court-ordered antitrust compliance program related to the U.S. Department of Justice's e-book price-fixing case against the company, an external monitor said.
U.S. businesses can share most cyberthreat information with competitors without facing antitrust enforcement action, two U.S. enforcement agencies said Thursday.
The proposed US$45.2 billion acquisition of Time Warner Cable by Comcast would give the company huge market power to determine broadband prices and Internet content, a group of U.S. senators said Wednesday.
Cable giant Comcast has fired up its messaging machine to promote its proposed US$45.2 billion purchase of fellow cable television and broadband provider Time Warner Cable, arguing the deal will benefit Time Warner's broadband customers.
A lawsuit that accuses Google, Apple and other top Silicon Valley companies of driving down wages by agreeing not to hire each other's workers can go to trial, a judge ruled on Friday.
Attorneys say they're making progress toward a possible settlement in Silicon Valley's employee poaching case, in which Google, Apple and other companies are accused of conspiring not to hire employees from other tech giants.
Google has been fined about US$166,000 by India's antitrust agency for not providing information and documents required in an investigation.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved AT&T's US$1.2 billion acquisition of competitor Leap Wireless, which sells prepaid mobile service under the Cricket brand.
The CEO of Japan's SoftBank mobile carrier promised to bring stiff price and speed competition to the U.S., saying he feels an obligation to improve slow speeds and drive down prices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCField EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Siebel AnalystACT
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW