Despite competitors and politicians lining up to complain about Google, the EU’s Competition Commissioner on Tuesday defended his decision to settle an antitrust case against the search giant.
Europe’s top competition watchdog confirmed Thursday that it had received yet another formal complaint against Google.
India's antitrust agency has initiated an inquiry into Google's termination of an AdWords account with a remote technology support business, after allegations that it was done to promote the Internet giant's own services in the area.
The U.S. Department of Justice would prohibit eBay from entering into agreements with other tech firms to not recruit each other's employees, in a settlement announced by the agency Thursday.
The four remaining defendants in Silicon Valley's closely watched employee hiring case -- Google, Apple, Adobe and Intel -- have agreed to a settlement, according to a new court filing.
After dragging its feet for months, Apple is finally making good progress on a court-ordered antitrust compliance program related to the U.S. Department of Justice's e-book price-fixing case against the company, an external monitor said.
U.S. businesses can share most cyberthreat information with competitors without facing antitrust enforcement action, two U.S. enforcement agencies said Thursday.
The proposed US$45.2 billion acquisition of Time Warner Cable by Comcast would give the company huge market power to determine broadband prices and Internet content, a group of U.S. senators said Wednesday.
Cable giant Comcast has fired up its messaging machine to promote its proposed US$45.2 billion purchase of fellow cable television and broadband provider Time Warner Cable, arguing the deal will benefit Time Warner's broadband customers.
A lawsuit that accuses Google, Apple and other top Silicon Valley companies of driving down wages by agreeing not to hire each other's workers can go to trial, a judge ruled on Friday.
Attorneys say they're making progress toward a possible settlement in Silicon Valley's employee poaching case, in which Google, Apple and other companies are accused of conspiring not to hire employees from other tech giants.
Google has been fined about US$166,000 by India's antitrust agency for not providing information and documents required in an investigation.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved AT&T's US$1.2 billion acquisition of competitor Leap Wireless, which sells prepaid mobile service under the Cricket brand.
The CEO of Japan's SoftBank mobile carrier promised to bring stiff price and speed competition to the U.S., saying he feels an obligation to improve slow speeds and drive down prices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior ICT Project Manager - Extensive Government experienceNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Citrix & VMWareNSW