Pixar and Lucasfilm have settled a lawsuit by workers alleging an illegal cartel formed by seven technology companies including Apple, Google and Intel, lawyers have informed the court.
It emerged Thursday, that Europe’s top antitrust watchdog carried out unannounced raids on Telefónica, Deutsche Telecom and Orange on Tuesday.
Apple violated antitrust laws when it colluded with publishers to set prices of e-books, a U.S. district court judge has ruled.
Apple is under investigation by the French competition authority, which has raided the company's offices in France, and those of several distributors, a spokesman for the authority said Monday
Companies who have been assessing Google’s planned remedies to anti-competitive practice on Tuesday called on the European Commission to reject them and to consider regulating Internet search.
"Word games," an "overreaching narrative" and a "case of inferences" were a few choice phrases used by attorney Orin Snyder Thursday in closing arguments for Apple in the U.S. Department of Justice's antitrust, e-books price fixing case against the t...
An email composed, but never sent, by former Apple CEO Steve Jobs may prove instrumental in the Justice Department's case that Apple, along with the five largest book publishers, colluded to fix prices for electronic books.
Apple Senior Vice President Eddy Cue offered only short answers in testimony Thursday in federal court when questioned by U.S. Justice Department prosecutors trying to solidify their case that Apple, along with five of the largest book publishers, wo...
U.S. antitrust agencies should block Google's proposed acquisition of crowdsourced mapping app Waze because the deal would take away Google's major competitor in mobile maps, consumer group Consumer Watchdog said.
Apple appears to face an uphill battle as it goes to trial Monday in New York on e-book price fixing charges brought by the U.S. government.
The European Commission is likely to require more concessions from Google in an ongoing antitrust probe, the European Union's Competition Commissioner Joaquin Almunia said.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has reportedly launched an investigation into Google's display ad business amid complaints from rivals that the company is abusing its power in how it sells online-graphical and video ads.
Penguin has settled with U.S. states in an e-book price-fixing lawsuit, leaving only Apple now in the fray.
Concerned about Amazon.com's low pricing of e-books, publishers had taken measures as early as 2009 such as "windowing," a practice of delaying e-book releases to benefit sales of hardcover editions, Apple said in a filing in an e-book price-fixing l...
A Google competitor that filed a complaint against the search giant said on Tuesday that the company's proposals to address the European Commission's antitrust concerns do no such thing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US transport agency guidance on vehicle cybersecurity irks lawmakers
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
- For cordless VR and more, WiGig may be worth the wait
- Nissan, Renault tout plans to make 10 autonomous vehicles by 2020
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- CCAdobe CQ5/JAVA DeveloperVIC
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantWA
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- FTFront End Web DeveloperVIC
- FTLua DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- CCService Desk Consultant - TelcoTAS
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportWA
- TPOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantACT
- CCMultiple Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC