A former executive with AU Optronics was sentenced Monday to serve two years in prison and pay a US$50,000 fine for participating in a worldwide LCD screen price-fixing conspiracy, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Google's rivals have been given one month to assess the search giant's proposed remedies, the European Commission announced Thursday.
The European Commission announced on Monday that it has launched an investigation into a group of chip suppliers who are suspected breaking the European Union's antitrust laws by operating a cartel.
Complainants in the European Union's antitrust case against Google said Monday that the company's proposed remedies could be worse than the current situation.
A court in California declined to certify as class action a lawsuit by workers alleging an illegal cartel formed by seven technology companies including Apple, Google and Intel.
Spanish Linux user group Hispalinux on Tuesday filed an antitrust complaint with the European Commission against Microsoft over the use of the UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) Secure Boot feature in Windows 8 PCs.
Eleven complainants sent an open letter to European Union's Competition Commissioner Joaquín Almunia urging him to formally charge Google with breaching competition law.
The European Commission is expected to announce an antitrust fine on Microsoft on Wednesday.
Google's famed "triumvirate" -- Larry Page, Sergey Brin and Eric Schmidt -- will give oral statements over the coming weeks as part of a private antitrust suit brought against Google and six other technology companies by former employees.
The European Commission has received Google's proposal to settle an antitrust investigation into the search engine's practices, a Commission spokesman said on Friday. But one industry organization said it has filed another antitrust complaint against...
Google has declined to confirm a report that it narrowly met its deadline for submitting a response to the European Commission over its antitrust concerns about the company.
The patent injunction portion of Google's antitrust settlement with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission this week won't mean an end to patent disputes between Google and mobile device makers, but it does take away one major threat Google has used again...
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission will host a press conference Thursday afternoon to discussion its investigation of Google for antitrust violations.
Samsung's efforts to seek injunctions against Apple for standards-essential patents in the mobile phone market may be an abuse of its dominant position and a violation of European Union antitrust rules, the European Commission said Friday.
Europe's top regulatory authority is to charge Samsung over abuse of patents.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- AMD shows off Vega's ability to handle 8K graphics at NAB
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- ZTE's Quartz smartwatch: A good idea hindered by its OS
- Read all about IT: CEOs see IT as more important than ever
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Agile and Business ProcessNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- FTAsst. Director - Claim AnalysisACT
- FTService ManagerNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsWA
- CCSystems Engineer (Netapp/Windows)NSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTApplication Support Lead - Health ApplicationsNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- TPSenior iOS EngineerNSW
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC