A former executive with AU Optronics was sentenced Monday to serve two years in prison and pay a US$50,000 fine for participating in a worldwide LCD screen price-fixing conspiracy, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Google's rivals have been given one month to assess the search giant's proposed remedies, the European Commission announced Thursday.
The European Commission announced on Monday that it has launched an investigation into a group of chip suppliers who are suspected breaking the European Union's antitrust laws by operating a cartel.
Complainants in the European Union's antitrust case against Google said Monday that the company's proposed remedies could be worse than the current situation.
A court in California declined to certify as class action a lawsuit by workers alleging an illegal cartel formed by seven technology companies including Apple, Google and Intel.
Spanish Linux user group Hispalinux on Tuesday filed an antitrust complaint with the European Commission against Microsoft over the use of the UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) Secure Boot feature in Windows 8 PCs.
Eleven complainants sent an open letter to European Union's Competition Commissioner Joaquín Almunia urging him to formally charge Google with breaching competition law.
The European Commission is expected to announce an antitrust fine on Microsoft on Wednesday.
Google's famed "triumvirate" -- Larry Page, Sergey Brin and Eric Schmidt -- will give oral statements over the coming weeks as part of a private antitrust suit brought against Google and six other technology companies by former employees.
The European Commission has received Google's proposal to settle an antitrust investigation into the search engine's practices, a Commission spokesman said on Friday. But one industry organization said it has filed another antitrust complaint against...
Google has declined to confirm a report that it narrowly met its deadline for submitting a response to the European Commission over its antitrust concerns about the company.
The patent injunction portion of Google's antitrust settlement with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission this week won't mean an end to patent disputes between Google and mobile device makers, but it does take away one major threat Google has used again...
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission will host a press conference Thursday afternoon to discussion its investigation of Google for antitrust violations.
Samsung's efforts to seek injunctions against Apple for standards-essential patents in the mobile phone market may be an abuse of its dominant position and a violation of European Union antitrust rules, the European Commission said Friday.
Europe's top regulatory authority is to charge Samsung over abuse of patents.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW