A former executive with AU Optronics was sentenced Monday to serve two years in prison and pay a US$50,000 fine for participating in a worldwide LCD screen price-fixing conspiracy, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Google's rivals have been given one month to assess the search giant's proposed remedies, the European Commission announced Thursday.
The European Commission announced on Monday that it has launched an investigation into a group of chip suppliers who are suspected breaking the European Union's antitrust laws by operating a cartel.
Complainants in the European Union's antitrust case against Google said Monday that the company's proposed remedies could be worse than the current situation.
A court in California declined to certify as class action a lawsuit by workers alleging an illegal cartel formed by seven technology companies including Apple, Google and Intel.
Spanish Linux user group Hispalinux on Tuesday filed an antitrust complaint with the European Commission against Microsoft over the use of the UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) Secure Boot feature in Windows 8 PCs.
Eleven complainants sent an open letter to European Union's Competition Commissioner Joaquín Almunia urging him to formally charge Google with breaching competition law.
The European Commission is expected to announce an antitrust fine on Microsoft on Wednesday.
Google's famed "triumvirate" -- Larry Page, Sergey Brin and Eric Schmidt -- will give oral statements over the coming weeks as part of a private antitrust suit brought against Google and six other technology companies by former employees.
The European Commission has received Google's proposal to settle an antitrust investigation into the search engine's practices, a Commission spokesman said on Friday. But one industry organization said it has filed another antitrust complaint against...
Google has declined to confirm a report that it narrowly met its deadline for submitting a response to the European Commission over its antitrust concerns about the company.
The patent injunction portion of Google's antitrust settlement with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission this week won't mean an end to patent disputes between Google and mobile device makers, but it does take away one major threat Google has used again...
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission will host a press conference Thursday afternoon to discussion its investigation of Google for antitrust violations.
Samsung's efforts to seek injunctions against Apple for standards-essential patents in the mobile phone market may be an abuse of its dominant position and a violation of European Union antitrust rules, the European Commission said Friday.
Europe's top regulatory authority is to charge Samsung over abuse of patents.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IBM is folding SoftLayer into its Bluemix cloud services portfolio
- Azure brings SQL Server Analysis Services to the cloud
- Schneider Electric PLC simulator flaw exposes workstations to hacking
- London is next in line for Google-backed gigabit Wi-Fi
- US transport agency guidance on vehicle cybersecurity irks lawmakers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest Analyst - Mid/Junior levelVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - AgileVIC
- CCSolutions Architect (Data Warehouse/Application Integration) - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Commercial LinesVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft AX Support AnalystsQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FTSolution Architect with end user computing (EUC) experienceNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantWA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamic AXQLD
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT