Utilities and security apps are two of the most important categories of software that PC users download. From keeping your operating system slim and bloatware-free to eradicating cookies and spyware, these apps amply reward you for downloading them. ...
Antivirus & Security
There's been quite some commotion regarding the Mac and its relative security since Trojan horse Mac Defender appeared on the scene earlier this month. Now Apple's weighing in, with a Knowledge Base article focused on Mac Defender.
Facebook users still do not use privacy controls to protect themselves, and a third of children under 18 are below the site's minimum age of 13, Consumer Reports reported in its June issue.
Very few people (certainly not the smart, savvy, people who read PCWorld articles) run their computers without up-to-date firewall and antivirus software. Most users know better than to click a message from "Bank of Amerika" that tells them "Your acc...
Avast Pro Antivirus 5 ($US40 for a single-PC, one-year license as of 11/23/2010) ranks third in our roundup of 2011 paid antivirus products. When PCWorld last looked at Avast's paid antivirus offering, our reviewer wasn't particularly impressed with ...
Depending on whom you ask, paying for antivirus software is either a good investment or a total ripoff. In reality, neither viewpoint is accurate. You can find plenty of good reasons to choose a paid antivirus product, and plenty of good reasons to ...
Whitepapers about Antivirus & Security
Relying on traditional signature based Anti Virus alone is simply not sufficient to prevent today’s onslaught of new, sophisticated and advanced malware. This whitepaper describes in detail, some trends and statistics on the malware detection, it then introduces a multi-vector approach to accurately detect malware in the IT environment, and verify that existing anti malware already deployed are functioning optimally.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
- Will NBN be the biggest loser in Saturday’s Federal Election?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW