Utilities and security apps are two of the most important categories of software that PC users download. From keeping your operating system slim and bloatware-free to eradicating cookies and spyware, these apps amply reward you for downloading them. ...
Antivirus & Security
There's been quite some commotion regarding the Mac and its relative security since Trojan horse Mac Defender appeared on the scene earlier this month. Now Apple's weighing in, with a Knowledge Base article focused on Mac Defender.
Facebook users still do not use privacy controls to protect themselves, and a third of children under 18 are below the site's minimum age of 13, Consumer Reports reported in its June issue.
Very few people (certainly not the smart, savvy, people who read PCWorld articles) run their computers without up-to-date firewall and antivirus software. Most users know better than to click a message from "Bank of Amerika" that tells them "Your acc...
Avast Pro Antivirus 5 ($US40 for a single-PC, one-year license as of 11/23/2010) ranks third in our roundup of 2011 paid antivirus products. When PCWorld last looked at Avast's paid antivirus offering, our reviewer wasn't particularly impressed with ...
Depending on whom you ask, paying for antivirus software is either a good investment or a total ripoff. In reality, neither viewpoint is accurate. You can find plenty of good reasons to choose a paid antivirus product, and plenty of good reasons to ...
Whitepapers about Antivirus & Security
Relying on traditional signature based Anti Virus alone is simply not sufficient to prevent today’s onslaught of new, sophisticated and advanced malware. This whitepaper describes in detail, some trends and statistics on the malware detection, it then introduces a multi-vector approach to accurately detect malware in the IT environment, and verify that existing anti malware already deployed are functioning optimally.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCChange LeadNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia