Cyber-security company, ESET, has reported an increasingly common Facebook scam.
Google has reduced spam reaching inboxes to a fraction of a percent, but in the process sometimes misclassifies bulk-mailed messages like monthly statements and ticket receipts.
Several antivirus products from security firm ESET had a critical vulnerability that was easy to exploit and could lead to a full system compromise.
Windows 10 will have a new mechanism that will allow software developers to integrate their applications with whatever antimalware programs exist on users' computers.
In an era when businesses are scrambling to defend against sophisticated advanced persistent threats (APTs), signature-based antivirus may seem like a relic.
Security vendor Malwarebytes has flagged the Dell System Detect tool as a potentially unwanted application after older versions of the program were found to put computers at risk.
In addition to personal phone numbers and email addresses for hundreds of people who corresponded with him, there's something else inside the cache of emails that Jeb Bush released this week: computer viruses.
VirusTotal, a Google-owned online malware scanning service, is creating a whitelist of products from large software vendors to reduce bad detections by antivirus programs.
Facebook has partnered with antivirus firm ESET to offer users the ability to scan their computers for malware directly from inside the social networking site.
Antivirus firm Bitdefender unveiled a hardware security appliance for home networks Tuesday that aims to protect devices by scanning network traffic to detect and block potential security threats.
A new malware program called Poweliks attempts to evade detection and analysis by running entirely from the system registry without creating files on disk, security researchers warn.
It's generally accepted that antivirus programs provide a necessary protection layer, but organizations should audit such products before deploying them on their systems because many of them contain serious vulnerabilities, a researcher warned.
Following a downward trend during the past two years, the number of new rootkit samples rose in the first quarter of this year to a level not seen since 2011, according to statistics from security vendor McAfee.
A vulnerability allows attackers to disable Microsoft's antimalware products by sending specifically crafted files to users via websites, email or instant messaging applications.
Users can test by simply visiting a Web page if their computers have been infected with Gameover Zeus, a sophisticated online banking Trojan that law enforcement officers temporarily disrupted last week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
- US trade body investigates seven smartphone companies
- Maps of Google and other services could require security clearance in India
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
- FTTN revenue begins to trickle in for NBN
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCTest Execution ManagerVIC
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW