After distributing a buggy antivirus update that apparently disabled hundreds of thousands of computers on Wednesday, McAfee is still at a loss to explain exactly what happened.
Scammers have quickly piggybacked onto news of a buggy McAfee antivirus update that clobbered thousands of computers, security researchers said today.
A malicious advertisement has been found within an application for Facebook that redirected users to fake antivirus software, according to a security researcher.
The massive number of Chinese Internet users running no antivirus software increased last year, a survey showed, even though online security risks continued to multiply in the country.
Users of the BitDefender antivirus software started flooding the company's support forums Saturday, apparently after a faulty antivirus update caused 64-bit Windows machines to stop working.
In an effort to boost sales, sellers of a fake antivirus product known as Live PC Care are offering their victims live technical support.
New reputation-based antivirus systems are doing a better job of blocking malicious software than did their predecessors.
Symantec has posted a software fix after hundreds of users reported problems with a buggy update of the company's flagship Norton AntiVirus software.
After two years at the job, the CEO of Dutch antivirus seller AVG Technologies is stepping down.
Microsoft has taken aim at a rogue antivirus program called Internet Antivirus Pro.
They walk the warrior's path and they devour horrible-looking bowlfuls of red worms, but hey, Klingons need malware protection too.
Consumer Reports magazine slapped its Best Buy logo on a trio of free security programs for Windows PCs, saying that they offer the "best combination of performance and price" and are a smarter pick than suites from companies like Symantec Corp. and ...
Antivirus and Internet security software vendor ESET will now allow end-users to pay as they go with its first foray into software as a service.
In the second month of a campaign against fake security software, Microsoft has booted the rogue application "Antivirus 2009" from almost 400,000 PCs, the company recently claimed.
A bug in Trend Micro's free online virus scanning service can be used by hackers to hijack Windows PCs running Internet Explorer, security researchers warned.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC