Fake antivirus software is becoming more prevalent on the Internet, with its creators using clever methods to fool users into installing the programs, according to a new report from Google.
After distributing a buggy antivirus update that apparently disabled hundreds of thousands of computers on Wednesday, McAfee is still at a loss to explain exactly what happened.
Scammers have quickly piggybacked onto news of a buggy McAfee antivirus update that clobbered thousands of computers, security researchers said today.
A malicious advertisement has been found within an application for Facebook that redirected users to fake antivirus software, according to a security researcher.
The massive number of Chinese Internet users running no antivirus software increased last year, a survey showed, even though online security risks continued to multiply in the country.
Users of the BitDefender antivirus software started flooding the company's support forums Saturday, apparently after a faulty antivirus update caused 64-bit Windows machines to stop working.
In an effort to boost sales, sellers of a fake antivirus product known as Live PC Care are offering their victims live technical support.
New reputation-based antivirus systems are doing a better job of blocking malicious software than did their predecessors.
Symantec has posted a software fix after hundreds of users reported problems with a buggy update of the company's flagship Norton AntiVirus software.
After two years at the job, the CEO of Dutch antivirus seller AVG Technologies is stepping down.
Microsoft has taken aim at a rogue antivirus program called Internet Antivirus Pro.
They walk the warrior's path and they devour horrible-looking bowlfuls of red worms, but hey, Klingons need malware protection too.
Consumer Reports magazine slapped its Best Buy logo on a trio of free security programs for Windows PCs, saying that they offer the "best combination of performance and price" and are a smarter pick than suites from companies like Symantec Corp. and ...
Antivirus and Internet security software vendor ESET will now allow end-users to pay as they go with its first foray into software as a service.
In the second month of a campaign against fake security software, Microsoft has booted the rogue application "Antivirus 2009" from almost 400,000 PCs, the company recently claimed.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Supreme Court approves rule change that expands FBI computer search powers
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
- Samsung's Tizen 3.0 to take on Android and iOS starting in September
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- FTSystem EngineerACT