Despite laying off 20 per cent of the AOL workforce Thursday, AOL CEO Tim Armstrong foresees 2011 as the year that AOL will start to grow again.
A bill that would direct the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to create a mechanism to allow consumers to opt out of online tracking efforts tops a list of proposals that would be bad for the Internet, according to e-commerce trade group NetChoice.
AOL, an Internet company trying to reinvent itself, wants to reclaim some of its lost glory by purchasing The Huffington Post.
AOL has agreed to buy the second most popular news website in the U.S., The Huffington Post, for $US315 million, it said in a statement Monday.
With most tech bellwethers having reported financial results, the earnings season is coming to a close, but BMC, NetSuite, AOL and IAC results this week offered insights into aspects of business IT and the Internet sector.
Intel Capital and IBM are investing a combined US$350 million in a new effort by President Barack Obama's administration to encourage entrepreneurs and mentor new businesspeople.
Beats deadline for filing amended complaint, lists wide array of online software, services Beats deadline for filing amended complaint, lists wide array of online software, services
AOL may buy more online media and even traditional newspapers in its bid to boost the digital content it offers customers, a senior company executive said.
AOL has made two acquisitions to boost its content offerings, buying technology news blog TechCrunch and video syndication platform 5min Media.
Google and AOL have renewed a long-term partnership that gives AOL Web properties access to Google search and advertising services.
A firm owned by Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen has filed a lawsuit against Google, Apple, Facebook, and other companies alleging that they have violated patents related to search, multimedia, screen pop-ups and database management.
Two senior U.S. lawmakers say they're "troubled" by the collection of personal data at many websites, and they want details on how much data 15 popular sites collect and what the sites do with the data.
AOL Thursday opened a new smartphone portal and introduced an application that will initially be exclusive to Android.
According to press reports, AOL has finally got rid of its Bebo albatross.
AOL is actively trying to rid itself of Bebo, the social-networking site it acquired two years ago for a whopping US$850 million.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple sales, profits fall again but a brighter outlook ahead
- AWS quietly launches tool for migrating on-premesis apps to the cloud
- Intel wants to make its IoT chips see, think, and act
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperWA
- CCJava Developer - CQ5VIC
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCApplication Performance Test Lead/ArchitectQLD
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTUI UX Specialist | Technical BAQLD
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTMigration Release ManagerACT
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- TPGIS OfficerQLD
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCSenior Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCTechnical Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCField EngineerVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTCommunications Network EngineerACT
- CCDynamics AX Functional ConsultantQLD