The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's proposed settlement with Google over its bungled launch of the Buzz social-networking service could have disastrous effects on the rest of the e-commerce industry, the head of a trade group said.
Despite laying off 20 per cent of the AOL workforce Thursday, AOL CEO Tim Armstrong foresees 2011 as the year that AOL will start to grow again.
A bill that would direct the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to create a mechanism to allow consumers to opt out of online tracking efforts tops a list of proposals that would be bad for the Internet, according to e-commerce trade group NetChoice.
AOL, an Internet company trying to reinvent itself, wants to reclaim some of its lost glory by purchasing The Huffington Post.
AOL has agreed to buy the second most popular news website in the U.S., The Huffington Post, for $US315 million, it said in a statement Monday.
With most tech bellwethers having reported financial results, the earnings season is coming to a close, but BMC, NetSuite, AOL and IAC results this week offered insights into aspects of business IT and the Internet sector.
Intel Capital and IBM are investing a combined US$350 million in a new effort by President Barack Obama's administration to encourage entrepreneurs and mentor new businesspeople.
Beats deadline for filing amended complaint, lists wide array of online software, services Beats deadline for filing amended complaint, lists wide array of online software, services
AOL may buy more online media and even traditional newspapers in its bid to boost the digital content it offers customers, a senior company executive said.
AOL has made two acquisitions to boost its content offerings, buying technology news blog TechCrunch and video syndication platform 5min Media.
Google and AOL have renewed a long-term partnership that gives AOL Web properties access to Google search and advertising services.
A firm owned by Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen has filed a lawsuit against Google, Apple, Facebook, and other companies alleging that they have violated patents related to search, multimedia, screen pop-ups and database management.
Two senior U.S. lawmakers say they're "troubled" by the collection of personal data at many websites, and they want details on how much data 15 popular sites collect and what the sites do with the data.
AOL Thursday opened a new smartphone portal and introduced an application that will initially be exclusive to Android.
According to press reports, AOL has finally got rid of its Bebo albatross.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- If you want to be an Xbox Insider, Microsoft says you'll now have to earn it
- In PC comeback, ARM will battle Intel in Chromebooks and Windows 10
- GPG Suite updated for secure email on OSX Sierra
- Microsoft's mobile apps will get better image capture and OCR via the Office Lens camera app
- Lenovo tunes N23 Yoga Chromebook for Android apps with ARM processor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetWA
- CCAgile CoachWA
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- TPFunctional Business AnalystQLD
- TPProject Technical LeadQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTScrum MasterQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPChange AnalystQLD
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD