Remaining agile is one of the biggest challenges facing CIOs today, says Westpac Group tech chief Dave Curran.
Payments software vendors, PayPal and Braintree, are giving Australian developers the chance to win a round trip to Silicon Valley to compete for $US100,000 against the world’s best as part of the global Battle Hack competition.
Oracle said that no court has ever found that APIs for software like Java are ineligible for copyright protection, in its objection to Google's request that the court make a summary judgment on Oracle's copyright allegations.
As the industry call for cloud interoperability grows more fervent, open-source enterprise software company Red Hat has submitted its cloud platform, Deltacloud, to the DMTF (Distributed Management Task Force) as a potential standard for cloud intero...
Alcatel-Lucent has acquired ProgrammableWeb, which hosts an on-line directory of over 2,000 open web APIs (application programming interfaces) that developers can use to build 'mashups' of Web services.
Facebook has revamped its application development platform to make it possible for the social-networking site and other Web sites to mesh what they know about their end-users and automatically personalize the experience people have online.
Twitter is promising new tools for developers to help them make better use of the 55 million tweets being pumped out every day by people who use its service.
Many South by Southwest attendees reportedly walked out halfway through the keynote appearance by Twitter CEO Evan Williams this week citing boredom, but the announcement he made on stage deserves careful attention, according to industry experts.
Twitter plans to launch a new platform that lets Web publishers display 'tweets' on their sites more broadly and easily than is possible today via the company's APIs (application programming interfaces).
Google introduced Maps Labs Friday, a cool new set of innovative add-ons to its popular map service that offers a multitude of new ways to explore places near and far. Google Maps Labs is an incubator to test features for the Google Maps service, in ...
In an aggressive move, MySpace will open its users' public activity stream data to external developers, so that third-party applications and Web sites are able to display these status updates and action notifications.
Google Inc. has a new API for Google Sites that should make it easier to add content and edit Web pages.
Interested in tracking the Twitterers in your city or even your neighborhood? Or maybe you want to track the tweets sent from an area where there's a major event or disaster?
The technical problems that affected the performance and availability of third-party Twitter applications in recent days have been fixed, the micro-blogging and social networking company said Monday evening.
Yahoo's high-profile and widely used search APIs (application programming interfaces) and search programs for external developers are up in the air after the company's decision to outsource its search engine services to Microsoft.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- After warehouse staff, Amazon to replace store clerks with robots
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
- OpenAI releases Universe, a platform for training AIs to play games, use apps
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCActive Directory Engineer l Design & SupportNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceACT
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW