Remaining agile is one of the biggest challenges facing CIOs today, says Westpac Group tech chief Dave Curran.
Payments software vendors, PayPal and Braintree, are giving Australian developers the chance to win a round trip to Silicon Valley to compete for $US100,000 against the world’s best as part of the global Battle Hack competition.
Oracle said that no court has ever found that APIs for software like Java are ineligible for copyright protection, in its objection to Google's request that the court make a summary judgment on Oracle's copyright allegations.
As the industry call for cloud interoperability grows more fervent, open-source enterprise software company Red Hat has submitted its cloud platform, Deltacloud, to the DMTF (Distributed Management Task Force) as a potential standard for cloud intero...
Alcatel-Lucent has acquired ProgrammableWeb, which hosts an on-line directory of over 2,000 open web APIs (application programming interfaces) that developers can use to build 'mashups' of Web services.
Facebook has revamped its application development platform to make it possible for the social-networking site and other Web sites to mesh what they know about their end-users and automatically personalize the experience people have online.
Twitter is promising new tools for developers to help them make better use of the 55 million tweets being pumped out every day by people who use its service.
Many South by Southwest attendees reportedly walked out halfway through the keynote appearance by Twitter CEO Evan Williams this week citing boredom, but the announcement he made on stage deserves careful attention, according to industry experts.
Twitter plans to launch a new platform that lets Web publishers display 'tweets' on their sites more broadly and easily than is possible today via the company's APIs (application programming interfaces).
Google introduced Maps Labs Friday, a cool new set of innovative add-ons to its popular map service that offers a multitude of new ways to explore places near and far. Google Maps Labs is an incubator to test features for the Google Maps service, in ...
In an aggressive move, MySpace will open its users' public activity stream data to external developers, so that third-party applications and Web sites are able to display these status updates and action notifications.
Google Inc. has a new API for Google Sites that should make it easier to add content and edit Web pages.
Interested in tracking the Twitterers in your city or even your neighborhood? Or maybe you want to track the tweets sent from an area where there's a major event or disaster?
The technical problems that affected the performance and availability of third-party Twitter applications in recent days have been fixed, the micro-blogging and social networking company said Monday evening.
Yahoo's high-profile and widely used search APIs (application programming interfaces) and search programs for external developers are up in the air after the company's decision to outsource its search engine services to Microsoft.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
- For cordless VR and more, WiGig may be worth the wait
- Physical RAM attack can root Android and possibly other devices
- Chinese firm recalls camera products linked to massive DDOS attack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence - DeveloperACT
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCSiebel Technical Integration SpecialistACT
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (Lotus Notes) 161101/SITA/571Asia
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia