Apple CEO Tim Cook and one of his top lieutenants today outlined the next iterations of the company's critical iOS and the less-important OS X before enthusiastic developers.
Linux developers were once just that, developers. But their role is changing says the Linux Foundation, which is expanding its training options to help them.
Now that developers have in their hands a pre-release version of Windows 8 running on a special edition of the Samsung Series 7 tablet, analysts are weighing in on how many developers will ultimately build Windows tablet applications.
Online retailer Amazon.com is reportedly redesigning its Web site, which sells everything from books to electronics and handbags, with a focus on supporting tablet computer users.
Apple now has more than 350,000 apps in its App Store, offering developers a large -- and growing -- market in which to sell their wares.
Earlier this month, Apple unveiled iOS 7, the successor to the mobile OS that powers iPhones, iPads and iPod touch models. Not everyone is sold on the new look and feel, including columnist Alex Burinskiy.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Tester - Defence ProjectVIC
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Change Manager, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD