While iPhone users are often first to experience the latest games, Android users get apps that fully automate their phones and predict what they want to type next. Here are five apps that Android users can brag about to their iPhone-toting friends.
Roll out the welcome wagon, Android fans: It looks like you'll soon have a new place to shop.
Apple's iPad has been available for a short time, and you can already find apps to watch streaming movies, manage your Web passwords, use Twitter, do word processing and more.
Without a doubt the most anticipated tech launch so far this year, the iPad is set to follow in the footsteps of the iPhone and create a publicity storm that only Apple could pull off.
Let's say that you're a software developer who has created a hot new application for smartphones that you're certain is about to take the world by storm. Your work isn't quite done and here's the problem: not only will your brilliant and innovative a...
Apple's iPhone may have kicked off the app store phenomenon, but believe it or not, there are alternatives.
Much is being made of supposed improvements to Apple's App Store, but the approval of a music service called Spotify only raises more questions. And the recent approval of Loopt was a major step backward even Phil Schiller may be unable to fix.
Who knew there were so many iPhone annoyances? Last week we listed ten common failings of the iPhone and discussed how to correct them. Maybe it was naïve to restrict the list to ten entries. Reader feedback suggests that iPhone users have no shortag...
Well, Apple's done it again. The company has censored yet another app from its precious App Store, this time because it contained "objectionable" words. The app in question: a dictionary.
Apple's popular App Store for the iPhone and iPod Touch is turning 1!
"We uploaded topless pics today. This is the first app to have nudity," said Allen Leung in an interview with Macenstein. He's the developer behind the "Hottest Girls" application, currently bringing scantily-clad women--and now those of the bare-ch...
The year 2009 is shaping up as the year of the app store, a Sun executive conjectured Wednesday during a panel session at the JavaOne conference.
You've spent your hard-earned cash on a brand new smartphone. Now it's time to put that money to work and turn your new acquisition into an entertainment powerhouse. The number of mobile entertainment apps out there is incomprehensibly large, and rel...
An increasing number of companies, such as Australia's Collect3, are dedicated to iPhone development. Not all developers have the resources of a whole company behind them, however.
Though it may not seem like it at first glance, Australians are making a serious dent in the iPhone App Store. From games to utilities, Aussie iPhone developers are making immensely popular iPhone apps.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cisco's all-in-one Spark Board puts the cloud on a wall
- Box launches standalone Notes app to help teams collaborate
- HP recalls over 100,000 more laptop batteries for fire hazard
- Cloud services accounted for half of revenue growth at SAP in 2016
- Court denies US government appeal in Microsoft overseas email case
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)Other
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCAccessability TesterNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- CCAccessability TesterACT