Microsoft is preparing for the launch of its new Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system and Marketplace app store by releasing the final version of the Windows Phone Developer Tools on 17 September.
IBM will soon offer software development and testing services through its public cloud, adding to a private cloud option launched in June 2009, the company said Tuesday.
MySpace developers can now make their applications available for testing to anyone who is on their list of friends at the social-networking site.
FiveRuns and Morph Labs on Tuesday announced they are partnering to provide free application performance testing for Ruby on Rails applications, with the goal of bolstering applications running in the cloud.
Massachusetts startup uTest is launching an on-demand service that weds application testing to social networking through a community of more than 8,000 professional testers in roughly 130 countries.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMiddleware SpecialistACT
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- FTMarketing and Customer AnalyticsSA
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- CCService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane basedOther
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCC ProgrammerACT
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS