Google's former CEO and current Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt said in an interview with the Wall Street Journal on Tuesday that it is "extremely curious" that Apple has chosen to sue Google partners rather than Google itself, and that patent litiga...
Nokia is planning to release an iOS app of its Maps service in the next couple of weeks
Scott Forstall was major proponent of skeuomorphic design found in iOS and increasingly Mac OS X; Jony Ive said to hate it. Changes at Apple could lead to new design choices for iOS and Mac OS X products.
Apple will sell 28 million iPhones in the December 2011 quarter according to analyst Mark Moskowitz of JP Morgan.
HP CEO Meg Whitman expects Apple to take over as the world's number one PC maker in 2012 but thinks her own company will bounce back in 2013.
Samsung will have to wait until March next year to see if its attempt to get sales of the iPhone 4S banned in Australia is successful.
Android has surged ahead in the global smartphone market with more than half of all handsets sold worldwide in Q3 2011 running Google's mobile OS.
Amazon has increased its order for Kindle Fire units for a second time, according to sources in the company's supply chain.
Samsung has confirmed that it decided to delay the launch of the Nexus Prime handset, which will be the first to run Android 4.0 out of respect to Steve Jobs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT