Apple today said that the more expensive iPad models that connect to the Internet using AT&T's wireless network will go on sale April 30 in the US, barely meeting the company's self-imposed deadline to ship the tablet by the end of the month.
Just what Apple needed to hype its latest product even more: A photo of Norway's Prime Minister running his country from his iPad.
Don't count on bringing the iPad on any trips to the Holy Land, as Israel has blocked Apple's tablet from entering the country.
Top companies like Hewlett-Packard Co. and Google Inc. planning to come out with tablet computers have a lot of work ahead of them if they want to compete with and beat Apple Inc.'s popular iPad device.
Australia's three main telcos -- VHA, Telstra and Optus -- have all announced today that they are offering a series of mobile broadband plans for the upcoming Apple iPad.
Taiwanese electronics maker BenQ plans to continue to focus on e-readers instead of developing a tablet device similar to Apple's iPad, and believes a color version of its nReader due out later this year will be one of the keys to winning the market.
If Apple announces multitasking for its iPhone and iPad tomorrow, it will be a limited version that the company controls, allowing some applications to run in the background but denying others, experts said today.
One of the most high-profile iPad apps that will be available on launch day is Marvel's comic book reader, which will let people buy and read current and past Marvel comics on Apple's iPad.
Depending upon your perspective, Apple's iPad may be priceless or it may be pointless. On a less subjective scale, however, we're getting a better idea of what exactly an iPad is worth -- when it comes to its components, at least.
Without a doubt the most anticipated tech launch so far this year, the Apple iPad has finally arrived. Unveiled in the US over the weekend, the device's launch was accompanied by a storm of publicity that only an Apple product could create.
Some owners of Apple's new iPad have complained of weak wireless signals, dropped connections and slow surfing speeds, messages on the company's support forum show.
Hewlett-Packard this week started leaking information about its upcomping tablet computer, apparently hoping to take advantage of the hype and buzz surrounding Saturday's release Apple's iPad tablet computer.
We didn't have to wait long. Citrix has released two apps for the iPad: Citrix Receiver and GoToMeeting.
If you haven't heard yet, Apple released a new device this past weekend called the iPad. It's basically a computer and an iPhone rolled into one, but, like, 8 billion times better.
Apple today said it sold more iPads on Saturday than it sold first-generation iPhones in 2007 over a two-day period.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- 100 best practices for keeping big data secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia