Apple today said that the more expensive iPad models that connect to the Internet using AT&T's wireless network will go on sale April 30 in the US, barely meeting the company's self-imposed deadline to ship the tablet by the end of the month.
Just what Apple needed to hype its latest product even more: A photo of Norway's Prime Minister running his country from his iPad.
Don't count on bringing the iPad on any trips to the Holy Land, as Israel has blocked Apple's tablet from entering the country.
Top companies like Hewlett-Packard Co. and Google Inc. planning to come out with tablet computers have a lot of work ahead of them if they want to compete with and beat Apple Inc.'s popular iPad device.
Australia's three main telcos -- VHA, Telstra and Optus -- have all announced today that they are offering a series of mobile broadband plans for the upcoming Apple iPad.
Taiwanese electronics maker BenQ plans to continue to focus on e-readers instead of developing a tablet device similar to Apple's iPad, and believes a color version of its nReader due out later this year will be one of the keys to winning the market.
If Apple announces multitasking for its iPhone and iPad tomorrow, it will be a limited version that the company controls, allowing some applications to run in the background but denying others, experts said today.
One of the most high-profile iPad apps that will be available on launch day is Marvel's comic book reader, which will let people buy and read current and past Marvel comics on Apple's iPad.
Depending upon your perspective, Apple's iPad may be priceless or it may be pointless. On a less subjective scale, however, we're getting a better idea of what exactly an iPad is worth -- when it comes to its components, at least.
Without a doubt the most anticipated tech launch so far this year, the Apple iPad has finally arrived. Unveiled in the US over the weekend, the device's launch was accompanied by a storm of publicity that only an Apple product could create.
Some owners of Apple's new iPad have complained of weak wireless signals, dropped connections and slow surfing speeds, messages on the company's support forum show.
Hewlett-Packard this week started leaking information about its upcomping tablet computer, apparently hoping to take advantage of the hype and buzz surrounding Saturday's release Apple's iPad tablet computer.
We didn't have to wait long. Citrix has released two apps for the iPad: Citrix Receiver and GoToMeeting.
If you haven't heard yet, Apple released a new device this past weekend called the iPad. It's basically a computer and an iPhone rolled into one, but, like, 8 billion times better.
Apple today said it sold more iPads on Saturday than it sold first-generation iPhones in 2007 over a two-day period.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC