Worldwide netbook shipments are expected to grow in the first quarter of 2010, but could be affected as handheld tablets like the iPad gain in popularity, research firm DisplaySearch said in a study released on Monday.
A touchpad manufacturer that last year sued Apple for patent infringement filed a complaint Monday with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), asking it to ban imports of Apple products, including the iPad and iPhone.
Taiwanese companies will show off "at least 10" devices similar to Apple's upcoming iPad at the Computex electronics show in June, one of the event's organizers said Tuesday.
Apple's patent karma is balancing as one tech company sues to block the iPad and other multi-touch Apple products from the United States.
Apple has approved mogeneration's "Carter's Encyclopaedia of Health and Medicine", with the developer claiming it is the first Australian-designed iPad app to be announced.
Killer iPad apps won't be available at launch because Apple didn't release iPads to most major developers ahead of time so that they could test their apps on the new device.
Samsung Electronics has plans for a Apple iPad style tablet PC. the company has revealed.
Apple started taking orders for the iPad tablet Friday, with early adopters rushing to order one of the most hotly anticipated products in recent memory.
If you're one of the folks (or as others have said, "idiots") who have already decided to hand over a few Benjamins for an iPad pre-order, chances are you haven't given much thought to what happens if your battery goes bad. Rest assured that Apple is...
Tomorrow's the first on-sale day for Apple's iPad, the tablet-styled device that CEO Steve Jobs has repeatedly called "magical" and "revolutionary."
What will HP's Slate Tablet have that Apple's iPad won't? It's Adobe Flash, a key Internet technology that HP is touting as the key difference between the two platforms. And, HP is right, though how Flash support will translate into sales remains to ...
It's lights, camera, and almost "action" for Apple's iPad tablet. During Sunday night's Academy Awards ceremony Apple trotted its iPad down the Hollywood red carpet (so to speak) launching a television advertising campaign. According to reports Steve...
Apple has announced that all models of the new Apple iPad will be available in Australian stores from late April, but the company is yet to announce local pricing.
Don't look now, it's another iPad rumor, this time claiming that production bottlenecks will either delay the iPad's launch or tighten initial inventories of Apple's tablet.
Pretend for a moment that the Nintendo DSi was a third larger with bigger LCD screens and a blizzard of new apps, including one that let you read eBooks. Would you consider it an iPad contender?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
- Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia