Worldwide netbook shipments are expected to grow in the first quarter of 2010, but could be affected as handheld tablets like the iPad gain in popularity, research firm DisplaySearch said in a study released on Monday.
A touchpad manufacturer that last year sued Apple for patent infringement filed a complaint Monday with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), asking it to ban imports of Apple products, including the iPad and iPhone.
Taiwanese companies will show off "at least 10" devices similar to Apple's upcoming iPad at the Computex electronics show in June, one of the event's organizers said Tuesday.
Apple's patent karma is balancing as one tech company sues to block the iPad and other multi-touch Apple products from the United States.
Apple has approved mogeneration's "Carter's Encyclopaedia of Health and Medicine", with the developer claiming it is the first Australian-designed iPad app to be announced.
Killer iPad apps won't be available at launch because Apple didn't release iPads to most major developers ahead of time so that they could test their apps on the new device.
Samsung Electronics has plans for a Apple iPad style tablet PC. the company has revealed.
Apple started taking orders for the iPad tablet Friday, with early adopters rushing to order one of the most hotly anticipated products in recent memory.
If you're one of the folks (or as others have said, "idiots") who have already decided to hand over a few Benjamins for an iPad pre-order, chances are you haven't given much thought to what happens if your battery goes bad. Rest assured that Apple is...
Tomorrow's the first on-sale day for Apple's iPad, the tablet-styled device that CEO Steve Jobs has repeatedly called "magical" and "revolutionary."
What will HP's Slate Tablet have that Apple's iPad won't? It's Adobe Flash, a key Internet technology that HP is touting as the key difference between the two platforms. And, HP is right, though how Flash support will translate into sales remains to ...
It's lights, camera, and almost "action" for Apple's iPad tablet. During Sunday night's Academy Awards ceremony Apple trotted its iPad down the Hollywood red carpet (so to speak) launching a television advertising campaign. According to reports Steve...
Apple has announced that all models of the new Apple iPad will be available in Australian stores from late April, but the company is yet to announce local pricing.
Don't look now, it's another iPad rumor, this time claiming that production bottlenecks will either delay the iPad's launch or tighten initial inventories of Apple's tablet.
Pretend for a moment that the Nintendo DSi was a third larger with bigger LCD screens and a blizzard of new apps, including one that let you read eBooks. Would you consider it an iPad contender?
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
- ‘Distributed guessing’ attack lets hackers verify Visa card details
- What happens when a country cracks down on fake news? Ask China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMiddleware SpecialistACT
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- CCHadoop Developer - Big DataNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- FTUX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Project AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)NSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCDesktop/Laptop Deployment TechnicianVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateOther
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- CCSupport OfficerSA