It streams media on the cheap, but Google's dongle lacks advanced functionality.
Now that Mailbox is gone, we recommend the best email clients for GTD, Inbox Zero, Exchange users, Gmail, minimalists, and more.
Apple hardware is not what we would call "cheap," but these limited edition products are literally worth their weight in gold.
After Apple's latest dig at PC users, we find out how the new iPad Pro really stacks up against Pro PC tablets.
Apple's new iPad Pro has a few similarity with its bigger, older sibling. But it also sports major new features.
They might lack sizzle, but the new iPhone SE and 9.7-inch iPad Pro fill important market niches.
The year 2015 was a tumultuous year for smartphones. Some companies found redemption while others underwhelmed. Finger sensors became the norm, along with pixel-rich screens, extraordinary cameras and premium design. The year was kind to customers i...
“With each generation the company makes measured, incremental technology improvements to its iPhone line, and this time around those changes are increasing Apple’s per-unit material cost.”
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
The decades-long relationship between Apple and Microsoft is packed with ups and downs, but it also shaped the evolution of personal computing. The companies have again cozied up to one another, and this time they have a new endgame: enterprise.
The competition between Apple and Samsung is stiff, but before this showdown’s end, a winner will emerge.
The pro-grade tablets from Microsoft and Apple may have some things in common, but the strategy behind them is quite different.
Many features are missing from Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S2. This year’s model has a smaller screen, a lesser resolution and packs fewer pixels into each inch. It can’t be used as a remote control as it has no IR blaster, and night photos are likely to s...
“Hey Siri, give us a hint”
Fitbit retained its title as the world's top wearables vendor for the second quarter of 2015, but Apple is quickly gaining ground.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's Solair acquisition could expand its IoT services
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- South Dakota law will be a test case for a US Internet sales tax
- Quantum computers pose a huge threat to security, and the NIST wants your help
- EMC's latest VCE nodes aim to make clouds easy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC