We’ve reviewed many phones this year. Usually the later models are better than the older ones, but which ones had the most impact and which ones stood the test of time. Here are the contenders for our Phone of the Year 2016 award.
There’s some debate surrounding what a mid-range phone actually is. We find that there are cheap phones under $300, some good-value phones up to around $500, then a collection of mid-range phones up to $600. However, if you push a little harder you g...
Intel's Optane (3D Xpoint) memory, which could be 1,000 times faster than NAND flash, is due out next year, making it a suitable candidate for Apple's next-generation MacBook Pro. Optane will be compatible with the NVMe protocol, which Apple has been...
It looks like Apple may have the fastest laptop on the market, solar shingles will be THE hottest thing of 2017 and there's lots of holiday shopping options for gadget geeks.
Apple has made the case that the iPad Pro, whether the 9.7-in. tablet or its larger 12.9-in. sibling, is a more-than-adequate replacement for a personal computer for some buyers.
While it won’t affect everyone, a serious bug reared its head at the weekend with me. When you drive into a tunnel and then hit a traffic jam, Apple Maps keeps going at the same speed. While this is something I’ve actually wanted for tunnel navigatio...
The recent iPhone 7 launch presented Apple with a fresh opportunity to tackle Twitter, but the company's first iPhone-related tweets came a half-hour before it officially announced the phone.
Apple's Tim Cook suggests that the company is currently exploring augmented reality rather than virtual reality. However, despite the success of Pokemon Go both technologies remain stronger in the enterprise.
In iOS 10, Apple's Maps app does more, from making restaurant reservations to remembering where you left your car.
After you inhale that new-iPhone smell, follow this setup guide to be up and running faster than you can say A10 Fusion.
The Cisco and Apple partnership has yielded a ton of new business features that include improved Wi-Fi connectivity, business app prioritization capabilities and the tighter integration of voice for collaboration – all via the today’s release of iOS ...
Apple has refocused its smartwatch on the fitness market, a move prompted by the recognition that the broader definition it has used was not making the grade.
Though this week's big Apple event felt 'light' in terms of headline-grabbing hardware, it's clear the company is still moving forward.
The lessons Apple learns will be instructive for other smartwatch makers and will shape how all types of wearable gadgets evolve in the next 20 years.
Apple's new iPhone 7 may not have an audio port, but it does pack many improvements that are much more important to business users.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Google Maps beta now shows how hard it will be to park at your destination
- After first week, A.I. system is beating human poker players
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerACT
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- CCSAP SuccessfactorsACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- CCAgile CoachWA
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC