Some of the most memorable IT-related quotes were uttered in courtrooms this year, which involved a steady stream of legal challenges about intellectual property. In no particular order, these are some of the comments that stuck with us as 2012 winds...
Words that spring from an iPad are not necessarily the same words that would come from other devices.
If you're thinking of buying a computer from Apple and opt for its cheapest "Mac mini" line, you'll be presented with several upgrade options at checkout.
The iPad is known for consuming content, not creating it. But there are hidden features and short-cuts for the keyboard, within email and in Safari that make creating content on an iPad faster and easier than you think.
The release of the fourth-generation iPad so soon after the third-generation iPad may have come as a surprise to even diehard Apple watchers, but the device itself won't. By now, we all know what an iPad looks like, and the fourth-generation iPad loo...
How does the Google Nexus 4 compare to the Apple's flagship, the iPhone 5? Let's find out!
When the iPad debuted, many called it "just a big iPod touch." Most soon realized that such claims were misguided, as the iPad turned out to be much more: more powerful, more capable, more useful, more everything. Instead of being arithmetically bigg...
The iPad Mini's small size doesn't hinder many apps, whereas the fourth-generation iPad adds little value
A new generation of small tablets has reinvented entertainment on the go, but which is best? Find out now and gear up for holiday gift-buying
Having finally launched its next-generation operating system, Windows 8, Microsoft now faces what may be its most daunting marketing challenge ever.
Apple's new iPad mini officially went on sale across Australia this morning and we've got one in our hands. Here's our brief first impressions.
Both Google's and Apple's mobile platforms have security drawbacks and advantages. Is there a clear winner?
Should you get an iPad? If so, which model? And after you decide on a model, which size? And should you buy one with cellular connectivity?
Now that Apple has unveiled its long-awaited iPad mini, we can see where it fits within the broader small-tablet market based on facts, not rumors.
The iPad mini doesn’t arrive in stores until November 2, but we got to spend some time with one after Apple’s media event at the California Theater in San Jose. Our conclusion: Yes, it’s a small iPad - but there’s more (and less) to it than that. Her...
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LastPass fixes serious password leak vulnerabilities
- The anatomy of a powerful desktop with an ARM chip
- Obduction's new VR hand-tracking makes Myst's spiritual successor even more stunning
- Google cites progress in Android security, but patching issues linger
- Windows 10 Creators Update could take months to roll out, data suggests
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer - Cisco VoiceWA
- TPSenior SAP Time and Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPSenior/Lead AEM DeveloperQLD
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio Investment AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTApplication Support LeadQLD
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- FTTest Advert Software EngineerSA
- TPAnalyst Programmer (.Net)SA
- FTProject AnalystACT
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCJava/ Guidewire DeveloperQLD
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Lead Developer/Architect - TelcoVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst/Project MangerVIC
- CC.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTSenior Applications Support AnalystSA
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW