Samsung took a step toward finding a kind of "pax tabletica" with arch-foe Apple in an Australian court last week, offering to remove features from its Galaxy Tab to avoid a court ban on sales of the device in that country. But what's really interest...
Apple unveiled its latest iPhone today, but it didn't unveil the iPhone 5, like many rumours suggested. It unveiled the iPhone 4S -- it looks exactly like an iPhone 4, except it has a faster processor, a better graphics engine and a better camera.
It may not be the iPhone 5 that everybody expected but Apple does have a new iPhone, the iPhone 4S.
History may look at Android as the tech industry's Helen of Troy: The OS that launched a thousand suits.
Apple's iPad 2 may be flying off the shelves, but the launch of the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet (available in September) makes for an interesting battle. Though it's yet another Android tablet, the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet is one of the first that will be t...
The PC world is buzzing lately about how laptop manufacturers are struggling to compete with Apple’s MacBook Air, which has exploded in popularity since the introduction of the third-gen model in 2010. This year’s fourth-gen update is proving to be t...
When evaluating the adoption of mobile enterprise applications, it's important to understand the overall trends driving the adoption of the iPad within the enterprise. As I worked on the book, iPad in the Enterprise: Developing and Deploying Business...
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Server adds innovative features and a new low price tag, but cuts in services and the elimination of advanced GUI administration tools may force some enterprise departments to think twice about the role of Mac servers on their netw...
The Penrith Apple store is the 11th in Australia since the opening of the flagship Sydney City store three years ago, and the 331st store to open globally.
Reader David Mitchell delves into the personal with this question about Lion. He writes:
Thanks to three new features in Lion -- and improvements to one older feature -- losing your data or your place may soon be a thing of the past. Versions, Auto Save, Resume, and Time Machine combine to make sure that not only are your documents thoro...
Lion introduces a slew of changes to the OS X interface -- some of them entirely new, others variations on existing features. In either case, they're going to take some getting used to.
At long last, Lion (Mac OS X 10.7) is available, and unlike previous versions of the Mac OS, getting it doesn't involve driving to the nearest Apple Store or retailer, or waiting for the FedEx truck to arrive -- you just download it directly from the...
While there are many new features in Lion -- like Mission Control and Launchpad -- you'll also find some old familiars: The Finder, Spotlight, Quick Look, the Dock, and About this Mac, for example, are all still there. But that's not to say these OS ...
When Apple senior vice president Scott Forstall took the wraps off iOS 5 at Monday's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote, he focused on ten of what he said were more than 200 new features in the next incarnation of Apple's mobile operating system...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT